Senior Embedded Software Engineer
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Firmware Senior Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Shenzhen, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is to Lead project to work on UPS and on grid inverter firmware system architecture design including CPU selection, HMI, behavior and control design. Collaborate with global marketing to work out solution for new requirement and customer support. Manage and evaluate customer / sales’ new customization order requirements;
- Build firmware system architecture and high level design to provide high quality product.
- Provide the best solution to achieve technical performance and features both from hardware and firmware. And be able to make decision on component selection.
- Have capability to optimize current product line design to achieve performance upgrade and VAVE.
- Be familiar with UPS and on grid inverter product technical level and technical evolution trend. And be able to make patent disclosure with strong design and innovation thinking.
- Implement firmware control design / code / debug / test report review at product development stage.
- Be familiar with project development process and have good project management capability.
- MS degree in related field with 2~3years experience, BS degree in related field with 3~5years experience from similar product development areas(SNMP, Web, RTOS, embedded Linux…)
- Familiar with knowledge of IoT cloud connection. Azure IoT hub experience is preferred and highly appreciated.
- Proficient in embedded Linux development, C/C++ must.
- Familiar with communication protocol: Https, SNMP, Modbus, MQTT, etc.
- Familiar with database, Web development.
- Cybersecurity experience is better.
- Good English speaking and writing
- Good communication skills and collaborative style
- Capable of working efficiently under high pressure
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD DPQD Distributed Power Quality Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No