Data Scientist - Sourcing
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Data Scientist in Eaton’s SCM, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a fast paced, and result orientated team in a large multi-national company.
The role which offers a broad variety of responsibilities including international liaising and great learning opportunities.
• Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of business strategies
• Generate decisions with probabilistic logic using Unsupervised Learning: Clustering, factor analysis, association rule mining; Supervised Learning: Classification, Neural Nets, Support Vector Machines, Regression etc
• Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, identifying cost optimization projects in SCM arena
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to available data sets, test it and then deploy on big data also help for artificial intelligence
• Develop insights from business data which is relevant for building business analytic systems
• Must have the ability to work on the numbers, trends and recommend solutions based on the findings.
• Interface with customers to ensure that customers receive outstanding service which includes acknowledging and bringing to satisfactory closure of business analytics projects
• Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
• Development of ad-hoc and routine MIS and analysis supporting operational and project needs
• Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Data Analysis toolkit in MS Excel, R, Python etc.
• Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Qlick view, R open libraries etc.
• Continually research new technology and tools to improve business analytics
• Follow through the timelines committed and can work on tight deadlines
• Report out results in a language that can be comprehended by the organization at large and drive decisions for the organization
• Collaborate with global experts, external partners and extended teams to enable technology development
• Able to handle multiple projects within and outside function
• Able to identify optimization and automation scope
• Work with leadership to prioritize business and information needs
• Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
If you are:
• Masters with 9-10 years’ experience with an experience of about 4-5 years in Data Science, preferably in the Manufacturing Industry or a PhD with 5-6 years’ experience in the Industry
• Programming experience (VBA, C, R, Python) and the passion to develop new algorithms.
• Knowledge of machine learning techniques both Supervised and Unsupervised with specific emphasis on Clustering, Association rule mining, classification, regression, neural nets and support vector machines
• Exposure to Statistical Packages like Minitab & Advanced Data Mining Tools like R/Python with an understanding of how data is stored and retrieved from various data sources is a must
• Knowledge of SQL
• Knowledge of working with the Big Data tool kit (HADOOP/ SPARK)
• Ability to work with global teams to drive & communicate results appropriately.
• Working experience of advanced statistical techniques and concepts like regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.
• Working knowledge of different sources of database and build logical metadata relations
• Experience in data exploration, Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time