If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Finance Analyst in Eaton’s Industrial business, based in Melbourne, Australia.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a fast paced, and sales orientated team in a large multi-national company.
The role which offers a broad variety of responsibilities including international liaising and great learning opportunities.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive account reconciliations on a monthly basis ie: monthly financial statements, rolling forecasts.
- Analyzing operational performance and deliver financial and non-financial information (measuring data).
- Analyze, report and advise on critical financial and non-financial drivers (proactive recommend improvements).
- Prepare and submit the business unit’s Operating Results and support the Finance Manager to present the results at monthly Operating Reviews with Asia Pacific finance team.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to analyse data to determine proper ratios of expenses to various levels of forecasted sales. Analyse, report and advise on operational performance and critical financial and non-financial drivers. Develop and implement reports for management use in evaluating results against performance targets.
- Responsible for the implementation and deployment of actions to ensure an adequate environment of internal control. Provide compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and all applicable statutory requirements as they apply to areas of responsibility. Ensure compliance with USGAAP, Letters of Representation and local GAAP, statutory and fiscal requirements.
- Support the Finance Manager in preparing Strategic Plan and Profit Plan reflecting impact of changes in pricing formulas, sales volume and other factors affecting the profitability of the business unit. Prepare operating budgets and cost reports based on forecasted volume of sales, including labour costs, fringe benefits, cost of materials, burden absorption rates, budget variances, freight and inventory.
- Manage end to end Transfer Pricing calculation annually and adhoc as required by the business
- Annual preparation of customer credit limits
- Manage the finance process to identify and quantify cost out opportunities and related data captured in database. Ensure integrity of financial information related to cost out projects.
- Manage stakeholder relationship with APAC regional team
- Assist the Financial Controller in development and achievement of finance department goals and objectives. Particularly champion financial policies, continuous process improvements whilst managing financial integrity and internal
If you have:
- Qualification: Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting), CPA/MBA preferred
- Experience: Minimum of three experience in a financial environment. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- In depth knowledge of general and cost accounting, credit methods
- Sound working knowledge of USGAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and local statutory requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of Corporate, region/division and business reporting policies.
- Experience with Oracle 11i/BI an advantage; Advanced Excel required
- Strong Professional presence; ability to adapt the style to fit the audience, inspires passion and commitment.
- Proactive attitude to achieve financial excellence (ie: analytical, accurate forecasting, risk assessment and financial engineering).
- Strong business acumen/understanding of the market and industry environment including foreign currency impacts, effective hedging protocols, and local customs and duty requirements.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No