Lead Engineering Technician
Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America division is currently seeking a Lead Engineering Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Hastings, NE facility.
Maintains and repairs equipment at the facility. Work may be either scheduled or unplanned. It includes corrective, preventative, predictive and project maintenance work. Work with Facilities Manager on work assignments and priorities. Document work completed and communicate work progress and completion with Maintenance supervision and Production as required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will maintain and repair various types of production equipment including, but not limited to, presses, furnaces, ovens, weld machines, conveyance, fans, motors, pumps, and inspection equipment.
- You will inspect machinery determining root causes of malfunction while performing diagnostic checks. Remove, replace, or repair worn or defective parts safely returning equipment to operational status in minimum time required.
- You will work from complex diagrams, schematics, prints, work orders, and comply with specifications as required.
- You will perform mig, tig, arc and acetylene welding as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Minimum 1 years’ of related experience in a maintenance, manufacturing or related environment
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without ongoing company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role – candidates must reside within 50 miles of Hastings, NE to be considered.
- Awareness of the work impact to ISO 14001 regulations
- Ability to program PLCs in at least two languages
- 3 or more years’ experience in a maintenance, manufacturing or related environment
- Demonstrated ability to perform mechanical and electrical repairs
- Ability to diagnose basic PLCs
- Ability to lead small projects and drive to completion
- Proven ability to identify resource requirements including labor and materials
- Willing to proactively take action on abnormal facility and equipment conditions
- Identify and take action on cost savings opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load based on plant needs
- Previous experience operating shop vehicles (forklifts, motorized carts, mules and front-end loaders)
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization
- Willingness to attend training and learn new skill
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time