Senior Program Manager - Master Data Management
Join Eaton’s Information Technology IT team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking a Senior Program Manager – Master Data Management to join our Business Intelligence Center of Excellence (BICOE) team. This position can be based at our Eaton Center in Beachwood, Ohio; Moon Township, PA; Eden Prairie, MN, or Southfield, MI.
The Program Manager IT – Master Data Management is responsible for leading the planning, design, construction and deployment of Eaton’s global/enterprise MDM Solution. MDM encompasses both Product (PDH) and Customer (TPH (Trading Partner Data)) and is leveraged by sales, marketing and engineering applications to drive standardization and efficiency in utilization of product and or customer data throughout the manufacturing and marketing process.
The main objective is to deliver:
- Enterprise product catalog (PDH): containing the attributes, relationships, and related collateral for all of Eaton’s over 2 million saleable products.
- Enterprise Customer Data hub (TPH) ; representing a single version of the truth for customers, saleable products, and suppliers as well as the associated hierarchies to facilitate enterprise analytics and accurate transaction models.
The individual will lead a diverse team of functional process analysts, technical systems analysts, and developers while partnering with sector business leads and IT relationship managers (BRMs) to deliver a comprehensive enterprise application platform that aligns with business processes and offers both a high degree of usability, integration into backend systems, and is aligned with Eaton’s front-end capabilities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as a Senior Program Manager:
- You will provide strategic alignment between IT and the operations/functions across the Enterprise (Corporate, Industrial and Electrical Sectors).
- You will understand key priorities and strategic initiatives of the operation/function in order to identify the appropriate use of technology and supported processes to meet the strategic objectives, align opportunities/ projects across the operations and to drive the prioritization and resource allocation within the IT project portfolio.
- You will be responsible for managing the project portfolio and roadmaps, and driving Eaton standard solutions across the enterprise in support of the Front-End initiatives.
- You will regularly communicate and reinforce program/project status, prioritization and timing back to the organization including the communication of critical success measures, issues, and mitigation strategies.
- You will be accountable for project delivery and overall customer satisfaction across the shared I.T. service centers.
- You will have working relationships with senior IT management and group Vice Presidents of sales and marketing functions.
- You will develop and deploy governance processes for master and reference data, which includes managing Enterprise Customer and Product Data governance forums.
- You will contribute to the setting of Eaton’s Enterprise Front-End strategy, and will be an active participant in multiple enterprise IT program offices.
- You will recommend, manage and deploy technical solutions supporting a global user base of roughly 20,000 Eaton channel partners, approximately 15,000 internal users, and capture/manage over $2 to 3B in annual sales across all Eaton product lines and regions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business is required.
- Minimum 10 years of Project/Program Management experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without requiring company sponsorship.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration is preferred.
- 10 years of progressive experience in a manufacturing company is desired.
- Broad understanding of business processes and applications. Exposure to ERP systems, Master Data Management, order management, customer service applications, and business intelligence solutions preferred.
- Ability to work at all levels of the organization and to have a solid understanding of front-end (sales, marketing, customer service and pricing) business process to be able to participate in strategy discussions.
- Understanding and ability to leverage organization change management techniques to resolve issues and achieve business results.
- Broad knowledge of information technology
capabilities and characteristics, software languages and applications, data
base technology, portal technologies, communications hardware/software,
standards and procedures and data security techniques.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time