CI Lean Manager
Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America division is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Hastings, NE facility.
Lead deployment of Continuous Improvement vision and strategy. This includes Lean and Six Sigma process deployment, training, and mentoring at the plant level. This role is a key member of the plant staff and ensures a plant culture of Continuous Improvement and Lean that is then leveraged to drive change. Job duties support the creation and implementation of Lean and Six Sigma strategies, which will lead to improvements in factory margins, product delivery performance, employee safety and reductions in product/process variation. Note that the primary function of this role includes but is not limited to the manufacturing operations of the plant.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work through the leadership team to lead the development and implementation of the site Lean and Six Sigma strategy, actions, training and cross-functional activities including Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs).
- You will conduct Eaton Lean System (ELSS) assessments, and identify performance gaps. Works through the leadership team to prioritize improvement activities and close gaps.
- You will provide Lean and Six Sigma support across the organization to drive short-term and long term business improvements.
- You will utilize Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in Continuous Improvement
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Formal training/certification in Lean tools (5S, Standard work, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Setup Reduction (SUR), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Lean Material Flow(LMF) and 6 Sigma with at least 3 years of related experience.
- Experience in implementing Lean in Low Volume High mix type product environment
- Operations or Product Engineering experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Power Point, Visio, Minitab (or any Statistical software)
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities
- Experienced Lean and 6 Sigma trainer and mentor
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time