Customer Support Manager
Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Customer Support Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Los Angeles, CA facility.
This Customer Support Manager will be responsible for managing a team of four site-based customer account/customer service representatives who manage the Los Angeles site’s OEM order book. Of the $180M+ order book, $100M+ are specific to the OEM segment. In this role, you will also be responsible for managing customer expectation and satisfaction for key customers purchasing products in the New product and production phases of the contracted aircraft life cycle. You will manage performance against customer requirements in accordance with contract obligations, terms and conditions and problem solving. The Customer Support Manager will ensure timely and effective customer communications internally and externally to fulfill contract obligations meeting quality, cost, and on-time delivery expectations and interface with Eaton's cross functional team including Sales/Marketing, Program Management, Engineering, and Operations. You will serve as the functional excellence POC for the Commercial department.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage and lead a team of customer service representatives to achieve site objectives in OTD, DPPM, CRR results, and any other customer identified metrics for assigned customers.
- You will function as primary focal point of contact for assigned customer related inquiries and represents the voice of the customer within the facility. Assess CSR workload and capability and assign accounts accordingly.
- You will perform contract review of all orders for customer requirements to ensure that the Associate Representative (i.e., Order Administration) is processing orders per negotiated requirements including importing and exporting requirements.
- You will be accountable for ensuring orders are received into the ERP system and/or other support databases. Accountable for ensuring demand alignment.
- You will be accountable for ensuring that the customer’s supplier web-based purchasing systems’ requirements are being fulfilled.
- You will be accountable for assuring compliance with all export control regulations- ITAR.
- You will provide continuous feedback to the customer on order status throughout the production cycle by providing proactive communication with the customer in anticipation of customers’ needs.
- You will coordinate and lead the internal activities of all departments involved in achieving customer commitments. Represent Eaton in delivering plant recovery plans.
- You will maintain successful, long-term business relationships and contacts with high-level customer procurement.
- You will support the Contracts manager and Commercial Manager for Negotiations on price, delivery, administrative requirements and conditions ensuring compliance with Eaton’s policies, terms and conditions from proposal through shipment.
- You will be accountable for managing customer metrics - customer complaint process and keep the customer’s database updated with all activities and maintains all records for account responsibility.
- You will represent the company at customer review meetings (on and potentially at off-site meetings).
- You will be accountable for managing customer demand requirements and providing customer forecast in support of plant SIOP.
- You will determine technically and commercially compliant proposal packages of diverse scope and complexity for major customers in response to customer and contract requirements. Lead the internal kick offs for the bid and proposal process for sustaining/contract renewal business opportunities.
- You will assess current practices for continuous process improvements; Lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve the efficiency of internal systems and processes across the site. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses. Analyzes proposed changes in methods.
- You will be accountable for working closely with site program management to ensure seamless transition of the programs to the production phase.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
“Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO”
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution or 10 years of experience in Customer Service in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience interfacing with customers in a Manufacturing environment
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prior Management and Aerospace experience preferred
- Experience with U.S. Government and International contract administration and requirements, including associated public laws and regulations (e.g. ITAR)
- Detail oriented and able to systematically organize and record daily activities to help create a scalable, repeatable formula for success
- High level of integrity and initiative
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Able to assist with achieving aggressive site performance and financial goals, enjoy challenges and competition, while being a team player
- Resourceful, assertive, and comfortable taking risks to achieve these goals
- Experience with reviewing and responding to RFPs/RFQs
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, manage multiple accounts/projects, while being flexible to changing priorities
- Working knowledge of MRP Systems
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and aptitude to learn databases
- Demonstrated ability in providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to mentor co-workers as part of team development
- Ability to make decisions based on detailed working knowledge of CAS/TINA requirements
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time