Machine Operator - Shear - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Machine Operator – Shear to join our team on 2nd shift, starting at $17.90/hour, depending on experience. This position is based at your Waukesha (Badger Drive) WI facility.
The Shear Operator is responsible for the set up and operating shears with capacity up to 3/8 inch X 12 feet for shearing a variety of parts to size. The incumbent may work one or two operator jobs as required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will set up and operate shear.
- You will utilize pouches, work orders, and blueprints to calculate efficient use of various size sheets in order to reduce scrap.
- You will utilize overhead crane, walker, and powered industrial vehicle/stacker to load and unload sheet stock.
- You will inspect work at each step against prepared lists, work order, production order or blueprint.
- You will check steel stock camber, rust and other visible imperfections. Repeat for each sequence.
- You will adjust back gauge, side gauges or stops for each different run.
- You will move parts to pallet, write part number, book week and other pertinent information on the sheared part. Tag pallets appropriately before putting away and stamp clock number and date on pouch to identify the work performed.
- You will identify disposition of parts, tags and move parts to correct locations.
embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us
unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer:
- Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
- Must have a High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Position not eligible for relocation. Candidates must
reside within 50 miles of Waukesha, WI in order to be considered.
- No experience or specific education is necessary; however, the person must be able to understand standard shop specifications (drawings, blueprints, process sheets, etc).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No