Plant Materials Supervisor
Eaton’s Electrical Group is currently seeking a Plant Materials Supervisor to join our team.
This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
The Plant Materials Supervisor will be responsible for the movement of materials from shipping and receiving functions to the plant warehouse area, the Raleigh Distribution Center and third-party warehouse providers. This person will supervise the Plant Receiving / Shipping / Material Handling team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage internal warehouse to include kitting operations
- You will manage cycle count program and provide required reporting to operations and finance management
- You will identify and implement process improvements in materials management to support ERP/MRP excellence and standardized execution of activities.
- You will instill and maintain transactional discipline related to material movement
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing optimal warehouse layout to support Lean Manufacturing goals
- You will operate within budget constraints including overtime and operational expenses
- You will administer safety and lean initiatives
- You will work with quality and suppliers to identify packaging concerns to avoid inbound freight damage
- You will monitor goods movements with errors and work with manufacturing team to resolve
- You will develop and monitor appropriate metrics for the team
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- 4 year degree in related course of study
- Minimum 2 years distribution operations experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Minimum 2 years direct supervisory experience
- Proficiency in SAP ECC/MRP shipping, receiving and stock room processes
- Warehouse management system (WMS) experience
- Forklift certification
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong experience developing people
- Exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and working under pressure
- Superior analytical skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change
- Ability to be energetic, a critical thinker, skilled in driving process improvement.
- Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico