Supply Chain Supervisor
Eaton’s Power Distribution and Power Controls Division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Supervisor to join our team.
This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
Under the direction of the Supply Chain Manager, plan, direct, & coordinate the materials functions for the Greenwood facility, including inter-unit, purchasing, inventory control, and production control. Manage the procurement of a large variety of complex materials and services to effectively support the production requirements for the plant. Analyze and ensure that the proper procurements methods are being used, to maximize material availability while minimizing inventory and supply chain cost
- You will devise methods and policies to ensure the most economical movement of materials in/out of plant to achieve cost-effective practices.
- You will direct Purchasing and Materials Coordination staff to ensure organizational goals are achieved.
- You will find the materials requirements needed to meet production schedules, inventory levels, and shipment demands to achieve on-time production and inventory management requirements.
- You will coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth flow of materials, and monitors business trends and economic cycles in order to anticipate change in order flow from customers and material availability from suppliers.
- You will assess and evaluate inventory and delivery problems and recommends and/or implements solutions to optimize inventory levels and manufacturing schedule.
- You will evaluate work performance of the group annually, or as required, in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in supply chain, operations or supervision in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience with AS400 or a similar MRP systems
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in supply chain management, Business, Finance or Accounting
- APICS Certification
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge of materials planning systems, production planning, and inventory control.
- ISO or QS knowledge
- Leading strategic supply chain projects, high level of analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of computerized inventory systems, scheduling techniques, general manufacturing, and ability to interpret drawings and prints.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time