Eaton’s Commercial Vehicle Sales division is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg, MI facility.
The Software Engineer will be integrated into a software development team working on a world class PC Based Software Tool, responsible for software design and creation, fixing bugs, process improvement, writing unit tests and documentation. We are currently building world class service solutions for our customers and our aim is to provide world class Service and Connected solutions software for Eaton Vehicle Group customers. A key part of this solution is delivering customer facing applications utilizing latest in software development, cloud, big data, and IoT technologies from Microsoft and other partners.
Eaton is an established company with a diverse product portfolio and the products within this team exhibit many of the characteristics of a start-up initiative, driving technical and cultural changes across the organization. If you are a talented and driven individual looking for an opportunity to work on exciting new projects, and become part of a high-energy, high-talent team, and make a strong impact on the transformation of a global leading company and the industry, we want to talk to you about joining our team!
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work with test teams to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs; and create automated test scripts.
- You will write high-quality, clean, logical, highly-performing code.
- You will adopt test-driven development and agile practices.
- You will demonstrate and document solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments.
- You will provide work estimates and participate in code reviews.
- You will maintain job knowledge by studying software development techniques and programming languages.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two years of experience in software design or related field
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Experience coding in an Object Oriented Language (OOP)
- Development experience in Microsoft technologies, development experiences with Microsoft Azure a plus.
- Knowledge in Java or C# and associated IDE’s (Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts
- Knowledge of CI/CD concepts, tools, and technologies
- Familiarity with concepts of microservices and web service development.
- Familiarity with SOLID coding principles and knowledge of design patterns.
- Knowledge about applying modern agile software development practices such as SCRUM
- Strong knowledge of object oriented design and programming skills, including the use of design patterns; ability to work with multi-layered, loosely-coupled, service-oriented libraries and applications.
- Solid understanding of functional programming principles, including functional composition, pure functions, totality, immutability, and recursion.
- Familiarity with User Interface Design and User Experience (UI/UX) concepts
- Experience with backlog management, familiarity with VSTS is a plus
- Experience with RESTful APIs and Web based data structures such as JSON
- Experience with AngularJS, Ember.js,, NodeJS, HTML5, CSS, and AJAX -Web application development
- Ability to write high-quality, clean, logical, highly-performing code
- Ability to demonstrate and document solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments
- Will need to provide work estimates and participate in code reviews
- Maintain job knowledge by studying software development techniques and programming languages.
- Ability to work with test teams to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs; create automated test scripts.
- Demonstrate excellence in verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively explain technical concepts
- Excellent judgment, time management, and decision-making skills with a strong commitment to delivery
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time