Senior Engineer Mech - ECN
Job Title: Senior Engineer # 064861
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is to coordinate the change management process for all products under the Industrial controls and protection device portfolio (PLCs/ HMI/MPCB/Contactor etc.).
Your essential responsibilities
Drive engineering change and engineering release process
for ICPD product portfolio.
• Monitor, administer and coordinate engineering change requests (ECR) and engineering change orders (ECO)
• Monitor all ECR/ECO requests, promote ECO/ECR’s to release status and track ECR backlog.
• Conduct meetings in regards to ECR promotion to ECO’s
• Monitor and populate a running list of ECR’s ready to be scheduled and promoted to the ECO backlog
• Receive change requests and set-up ECR/ECO routing
• Determine the documents / drawings that needs to be changed to complete the release.
• Shall collaborate with engineers, design engineers and manufacturing plants and route the change notice within the organization.
• Responsible for proper process adherence and ensure data integrity and completeness of the ECR
• Suggest improvements on the change management process.
• Align the PLM tool and process with IT and the Process and Tool responsible department
• Create the product structure in PLM system
• Creates link between PLM system and ERP system during setup of product configuration
• PLM and Change Management oriented coaching for the Division
If you are:
• Bachelors in Mechanical engineering with 5+ years of experience in an technical product organization. Preferably in Controls/automation/electrical safety product line. Must be familiar with engineering organizations and how they function.
• Exposure to Product Lifecycle management (PLM) programs. Experience on Enovia will be an advantage.
• Exposure to engineering change order process and review process.
• Experience in leading change request and release management.
• Must be organized and a self-starter.
• Must have people skills to deal with various departments.
• Should have good Capability of abstraction and should be process oriented
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time