Product Design Engineer
Eaton’s BUSSMAN division is currently seeking a Product Design Engineer to join our team.
The Product Design Engineer is responsible for manage product development projects, having responsibility for project cost, schedule and performance. This position will work as part of an engineering team, and collaborate with sales, marketing, supply chain, quality, manufacturing, and operations to develop robust products which support Company’s strategic growth plans.
Both the lead buyer and the buyers will report to the Purchasing Site Manager.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to complete new product and/or cost reduction projects.
- Translates customer wants/needs into feasible product design concepts, collaborating with the marketing, manufacturing, sales, and quality teams to develop, validate and launch products into the market.
- Plans and drives projects to conclusion meeting performance and cost objectives in a timely fashion, preparing print, specification, and analysis packages for final approval by group supervisor.
- Indirectly manages a multi-disciplinary project team, which is responsible for the development of new customized products. Responsible for planning, monitoring and controlling cost and schedule of project. Executes project planned activities as well as adjusting to unplanned circumstances. Project team will typically include members from engineering, product management/marketing, quality, manufacturing engineering, plant operations, and sales.
- Selects materials and manufacturing processes for new products, working with sourcing, quality, suppliers, and manufacturing team to ensure new products can be economically manufactured, while supporting product goal alignment with operational priorities of safety, quality, delivery, cost and inventory.
- Establishes and coordinates the planning and execution of test sequences to verify and validate designs and processes for the product.
- Coordinates with plant production team to execute production trial runs to create product prototypes required for customer evaluations, product verification testing, and process validation.
- Utilizes quality management system and six sigma tools, such as failure mode and effects analysis, control plans, design of experiments, and statistical analysis in developing robust design solutions.
- Employs rigorous problem solving techniques, determining root cause and developing appropriate permanent corrective actions to develop and improve design solutions.
- Reports and presents project progress throughout the lifecycle of the project to all levels of the organization.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Experience working within quality management systems is desirable.
Knowledge of power test equipment and measurement instrumentation is highly desirable.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time