Aftermarket Product Engineer - Automotive
Eaton’s Vehicle Group Aftermarket division is currently seeking an Aftermarket Product Engineer – Automotive to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg, MI facility.
The Aftermarket Product Engineer-Automotive is responsible for driving new product development and cost savings initiatives within the Vehicle Group North America (VGNA) Aftermarket product management group. The role requires basic understanding of product designs and performance requirements within the aftermarket space and the ability to evaluate current product portfolio for potential cost savings opportunities.
In this role, you will manage and drive program execution for assigned cost out/growth initiatives, as well as drive competitive product benchmarking initiatives to improve market position and product costs. You will also be responsible for end to end implementation of new product introduction initiatives, for managing and executing key program launch activities, and for driving key cost savings initiatives into implementation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will collaborate with product management to identifying product portfolio gaps and develop strategy for quick introduction of required new products.
- You will develop new product designs and establish performance specifications for new and existing aftermarket products; apply fundamental engineering practices and exercise sound decision making and problem-solving techniques that align to aftermarket customer expectations; and coordinate with production engineering in order to maximize efficiency.
- You will actively pursue opportunities for product consolidation, cost reduction and standardization through analysis of current designs, competitive product benchmarking, and market demand.
- You will set strategy and drive execution for competitive analysis projects, product benchmarking and market research projects, as well as employ innovative and alternative methodologies or techniques to achieve desired results when current processes do not fit aftermarket needs.
- You will lead as the primary business resource for assigned initiatives to ensure on time execution and implementation and provide leadership to mitigate delays in execution of assigned initiatives.
- You will understand Eaton manufacturing capabilities and evaluate make vs. buy opportunities based on current manufacturing capabilities and capacity availability.
- You will drive manufacturing strategy for new and existing products.
- You will work closely with cross-functional counterparts and provide necessary engineering support to assure business initiatives success
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ engineering experience working for a manufacturing or distribution company
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future
- Automotive Aftermarket product design
- Automotive Aftermarket industry experience
- Experience in product design and program management
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and strategic agility.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make decisions
- Ability to manage multiple programs, set priorities and achieve results
- Understanding of competitors’ strategies, technologies, and capabilities
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time