Senior Technical Support Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical Sector has an opening for:
Senior Technical Support Engineer
The primary function is to provide advanced technical support and troubleshooting assistance to end-users customers and internal partners, acting as a primary point of contact on several channels: telephone, e-mail, web ticket, etc. for electrical product portfolio, in specific devices for Eaton Electrical division.
Responsible for interfacing with end customers, but also wholesalers and distributors, panel builders, designers, logistics, quality department, product management, r&d, manufacturing and/or sales or service representative when necessary to handle a variety of pre-sales or post-sales functions.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer act as a fist point of escalation for not-standard inquiries and advanced troubleshooting on hardware / software cases and is able to provide training on products and processes to team members, end-users, customers, colleagues from the same or different department. Participate in strategical decisions about process improvements, tools deployment and contribute to increase the customer satisfaction and the technical knowledge within the team. Provides individual contribution in process documentation and knowledge sharing sessions.
• Act as a technical specialist L1 & L2 for resolving customer challenges related to Eaton UPS software and connectivity cards via phone/email/webchat etc.
• Provide assistance to software & connectivity issues which involve Level 3 and above technical support engineers, R&D and Product Managers.
• Manage Software trials with identified customers and actively support Eaton Country Sales Organisations during these trials
• Drive customer loyalty through quality of service, improved value and through a high performance culture.
• Actively contribute to the effective organization and daily delivery of all aspects of the technical support tasks through various resources - people, process and technology.
• Proactively act as expert team member for customers and partners to carry out and identify solutions to standard and non-standard task/queries.
• Contribute to knowledge sharing sessions and CI initiatives within and outside of team to adapt best practices at BSC Budapest.
• Contribute to secure customer satisfaction, reduce customer effort and achieve cycle time/cost improvements through team-based problem solving.
• Actively support in daily/weekly/monthly team reporting creation.
• Lead knowledge sharing sessions within and outside of team to adapt best practices at BSC Budapest.
• Degree in Computer Science (IT / Networking / Telecommunications)
• 3 years of experience in Technical Support / Engineering
• Networking (Understanding of following protocols: SNMP (V1/V3), IP V4/V6, SSL, http, XML), Virtualization (VMware / Microsoft HyperV), advance user of traditional OS Microsoft Windows and Linux
• Analytical mindset, communication skills, problem-solving. Fluent in english
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time