Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division is currently seeking an Estimator Engineer to join our team. This position will be based at our Hanover, MD or Sandston, VA facility.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
Eaton has the largest
and most experienced team of power system engineers in the industry, with
industry-standard software and advanced modeling and analysis capabilities at
their fingertips. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to power
system analysis and design. Active participation in technical societies such as
IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that
our engineers are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge engineering
techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: from
substation and distribution system design to renewable energy and smart grid
engineering, from safety and reliability-focused studies to power quality and
grounding related audits and analyses.
This position primarily supports application and proposal needs for opportunities pertaining to Eaton’s power distribution services solutions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will do technical & commercial proposal writing
- You will support pricing development
- You will support proposals locally and requests from other locations,
- You will maintain proper communication with internal customers, including price and product feedback on both commercial and technical issues.
- You will occasionally visit customer site to address customer needs.
- You will track proposal and order hit rate activity, enabling field management and outside sales engineers to monitor for customer/channel partner effectiveness.
- You will actively support Division Initiatives (Service Attachment Orders for New Equipment, power system engineering and power system automation offerings, Aftermarket Solutions, Extended Warranty Program,
- You will provide technical and application assistance to from Sales, Utility & Other Reps and Channel Partners
- You will provide a monthly update of proposal activities and a Monthly Report.
- You will provide unique solutions beyond the standard specifications to provide greater customer value,
- You will occasionally work evenings and weekends to satisfy bid-due-dates
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering OR Business Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of electrical industry related application engineering, proposal development experience or experience in electrical power systems and/or industrial and utility substation construction.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered. Only candidates that reside within 50 miles will be considered.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience with proposal development in both private sector and government bids; experience with proposal development for all of Eaton's end markets (Industrial, Commercial, Healthcare, Utility, Institutional and Government).
- Experience with government proposal procedures such as technical and price proposal separation, reps and certifications, and government evaluation factors.
- Experience in writing and reviewing subcontractor work scopes and Subcontractor agreements; preferred experience with GSA purchasing procedures; being able to evaluate proposals for specification compliance; experience with risk evaluation and risk management.
- Estimating experience in substation and electrical system installations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time