Division Sr. OPEX Manager
The primary function of the Division OPEX Manager is to lead the definition, execution and deployment of the Continuous Improvement Plans, in conjunction with the Division leadership team. Manages the CI division resources to ensure product flow consistent with customer requirements and established industry standards, coordinates plant site and lean manufacturing initiatives to enhance the overall effectiveness of manufacturing operations, achieve operational excellence and variation reduction
- Define the division strategy to achieve the Continuous Improvement objectives
- Transform the strategies into action plans, generate execution monitoring processes
- Coach the plants teams to investigate root causes, define improvement actions and strategies to achieve Plants Goals, follow up promptly actions execution
- Lead Division lean manufacturing initiatives to enhance the overall effectiveness of manufacturing operations and achieve operational excellence. Development/execution of strategic plans for implementation of CIF across the division, based upon assessment.
- Conduct Division training needs assessment associated with ELSS. Coordinate and deliver required ELSS as appropriate
- Leads or facilitates Division projects or events such as Shop Floor and Variation Reduction Kaizens
- Implements effective Division measurement tools associated with continuous improvement and cost out. Contributes heavily in the identification of cost-out ideas and implementation of the ideas.
- Works as required with supplier quality assurance, supplier development to ensure lean is deployed through the enterprise
- Supports best practice sharing and internal/ external benchmarking across the division
- Represents the Division in Councils or Work Teams as appropriate.
- Drive core functional excellence in implementing: Eaton Business System, Lean, Six Sigma, and other world-class operation management techniques, across the division.
- Assist Plant Managers, Factory Managers and Manufacturing Managers in the development of procedures to maximize output, maintain or improve quality, and reduce overall cost.
- Responsible to maintain division diagonal charts, coordinate in conjunction with other divisional functions and manufacturing operations cost out integrated deck building events.
- Bachelor degree from 4 year accredited college
- 7 years of experience in Operational Excellence
- Working knowledge of lean tools: STD Work, 5S, VSM, 3P, Six Sigma Black Belt Certified,Finance: Cost Productivity, Cost Walk, Flex Labor.
- Proven experience in customer relationship management, supplier management and development, accomplishing objectives through others, front-line leadership.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time