Operational Excellence Continuous Improvement Specialist
Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking an Operational Excellence Continuous Improvement (CI) Specialist to join our team.
The Operational Excellence Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible for:
Coordinating process and business performance initiatives that are in alignment with the Power Systems Division (PSD) direction within the Power Delivery and Reliability Division (PDRD) sites through the sustainable implementation and building of process capability in Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS), CIF, IDB and other relevant Eaton Business System (EBS) tools. The incumbent will facilitate and implement continuous improvement initiatives, assess maturity of Operations Assessment (OpA) and ELSS actions, and train their sites on CI concepts which are in alignment with PSD, the site-specific business challenges, Hi-5 metrics, and cost out targets. This includes conducting CI events with a hands-on approach and providing expertise for improvement activities to support the manufacturing goals and objectives of the PDRD sites.
- Work with the PSD Director of CI and across the Division's (PRD or PDRD) sites to facilitate and implement the Divisional CI initiatives including: Eaton Lean Six Sigma tools, CIF strategy, OpA maturity, and manufacturing systems.
- Review plant CI Roadmaps, communicate CI status for their sites, and recommend adjustments in the plan as required. You will ensure the sites’ strategies, actions, and goals are in alignment with the Electrical Systems and Services Group (ESSG) and PSD Divisional direction.
- Assess and mitigate negative impact on "High Five" (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Inventory) metrics within Operational sites. You will assist and support site (PRD or PDRD) Plant Managers, Operations Managers, Manufacturing Managers and other functional personnel in the identification and “hands-on” execution of recommended opportunities, including RIE’s and Kaizens, to close any gaps in operational performance.
- Train and coach process owners in the use of ELSS, problem solving, and CIF tools and techniques to improve and sustain competencies and improve process management and measurement systems. You will continue to build personal knowledge in the CI tools and practices.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert in the CIF, ELSS and Problem-Solving tools for the purpose of knowledge transfer to employees at all levels within their sites. You will train production leaders on lean principles and practical use.
- Participate in the annual ELSS and OpA self-assessment reviews and support the plants in the development and or implementation of action items to drive step level improvement in critical tools.
- Communicate up to Division overall CI skill gaps that need development to support the business objectives.
- Develop reports for PSD management providing summaries on a weekly/monthly/ad hoc basis.
- Support Regional Lean and Six Sigma certification programs.
- Support the cost reduction process in the PDRD sites to meet the Division goal of 5% cost productivity by providing required expertise to build deck projects.
- Lead or participate in other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Continuous Improvement, or Quality methodologies
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience implementing Continuous Improvement using multiple Lean tools (VSM, 5S, standard work, problem solving techniques, etc.) and CIF elements with significant savings or demonstrated results
- Proven experience facilitating and leading Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs)/Kaizens
- Six Sigma Green Belt trained
- ELSS (Lean tool) trained by an accredited university or business
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and writing skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited university
- 7+ years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Continuous Improvement, or Quality methodologies
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Certification in Lean tools from an accredited university or business
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- OpA ELSS assessor
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time