Category Manager, Sheet Steel (AMER)
Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Category Manager, Sheet Steel to join our team.
This position is based at any Eaton US facility with a preference for Moon Township, PA, Southfield, MI or Waukesha, WI.
Our supply chain management team creates bottom-line impact by driving cost management and operational benefits. Within our supply chain, the Category Manager, Sheet Steel (AMER) supports the development and deployment of the global category strategy of $200M in the Americas region. In this role, you will drive towards optimal conditions (cost, commercial, quality, delivery, innovation, VAVE) for the Sheet Steel Category by leveraging synergies across businesses and driving the “One Supply Chain” philosophy.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support development of strategic initiatives to facilitate cross-business synergies across a rationalized set of global and regional preferred supplier partners.
- You will negotiate and manage key strategic supplier contracts and relationships.
- You will review, approve, monitor and report compliance to category agreements and strategies based upon Eaton SCM strategic directions.
- You will develop innovative business solutions, forecast commodity projections and provide mitigation actions as applicable to ensure key metrics for the procurement function (Cost Out, DPO, Diversity Spend, etc.) are achieved.
- You will advise on new planning tools, methods, technical analysis, standards and procurement opportunities with senior management that are aligned with SCM/Eaton strategic plans and cost reduction initiatives.
- You will benchmark procurement processes to develop and implement best practices throughout Eaton and Supply Chain Management.
- You will ensure compliance of suppliers with Eaton SCM Sustainability Programs, Go GREEN initiatives and SCM policies.
- You will plan, prepare and execute annual profit planning for the owned spend, and support execution with the business cross functional teams.
- You will lead Supplier Business Reviews with strategic suppliers annually.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience in Category Management or Procurement or a minimum of 7 years' professional experience in Supply Chain or Operations
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position
- Professional Supply Chain related certification (e.g. CPM, CPIM)
- MBA or Master’s degree in Supply Chain from an accredited institution
- 1-2 years’ professional negotiating experience in a global business environment
- 2-3 years’ professional experience with accountability across multiple manufacturing facilities
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong supervisor skill set a must including but not limited to developing individuals, coaching, mentoring and building a team environment
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
time management skill as well as oral and written communication skills.
Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of lean principles, manufacturing and distribution processes necessary
- Strong practical knowledge applicable to manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications are a must.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time