Senior Engineer- VAVE for electrical systems
Job Title: Senior Engineer # 064740
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is to Identify cost out opportunities in different electrical products and systems.
Carry out benchmarking, teardown, competitor analysis and study of applicable standards.
Redesign existing parts or design new concepts on low voltage distribution equipment; meeting customer requirement, cost target and Market related technology. Coordinate with Global stakeholders and Drive project execution through Design, testing and implementation phase
Technical ownership of the project. Ensure product compliance to global design standards like IEC, NEMA or any other compliance standard. Completes system / component sizing, modeling, and simulation to meet panel requirements.Modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement through Change Management process.
Your essential responsibilities
- Performs project engineering work from design to implementation; communicates expectations, plans, and requirements and also coordinates all work within the scope of assigned projects.
- Lead multiple projects/programs/teams related to value analysis and value engineering (VAVE) through execution of these programs/projects in a timely manner, supporting the business goals and Profit Plan objectives.
- Create Intellectual Property documents (IPs) around new product design concepts / ideas and drive innovation from ideation through to execution.
- 3D modelling, detailing and drafting experience on 3D CAD tool. (Preferred Autodesk Inventor) Develops test plans for short circuit, temperature rise, arc test in accordance with IEC/UL standards. Creates test object requirements, plan for assembly and finalize test parameters & instrumentation. Responsible for conducting tests by ensuring deployment of standard practices. Assesses test results, root cause analysis through test findings/failures and takes corrective/preventive actions
- Modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement through Change Management process.
- Support Creation of new designs and advanced methodologies to support the Technical Roadmap of the organization
- Review reliability predictions, and Design Failure Modes and Effects analysis (FMEA) and structural/thermal/CFD results. Select engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations
- Perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique customer applications
- May provide formal and informal updates to Engineering Manager and Program Manager. Participates in the preparation for design review material and is the lead presenter or supports more experience Engineer / Project Engineer / Project Lead during design reviews
- Review, design proposals and documentation required to define & control products
- Participate in design reviews, both customer and internal as required
Guide/ Mentor the team on technical issue , queries , problems etc and ensure quality design output from all the team members.
Should costing experience will be added advantage
If you are:
B.E. Mechanical with 7-10 yrs experience or M Tech / MS in Mechanical design with 3-5 years’ experience in Switchgear product designing
Demonstrate capability in design of LV distribution systems.
Candidates with sound knowledge of Autodesk inventor software and Enovia will be preferred.
Should be strong in fundamental mechanical design / technical knowledge with excellent Communication, presentation and articulation skills.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only