Support engineering activities in boosting product development in any of the following areas:
Simulation, design, development, testing, manufacturing, failure analysis. Interface with other
engineering personnel for problem solving, product improvement, cost reduction, and other issues as
• Develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes consistent with Eaton Lean Manufacturing practices.
• Performs root cause and failure analysis as required.
• Drives cost reduction initiatives by leading cost-out events and promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
• Applies Lean Mfg. Techniques as a means to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectation.
• Acts as manufacturing liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer.
• Develop PFMEA’s , method sheets, and work instructions to ensure all processes are optimized.
• Facilitates training of personnel as required.
• Initiates and approve the design, build, and/or purchase of tooling, fixtures, and gages as required.
• Estimate direct labor content for new products.
• Effective cooperation with specialists/other mfg/maintenance engineers.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Engineering).
- Experience: 1- 2 years previous working experience in Manufacturing Engineering, ideally in an automotive environment.
- Operating knowledge of CAD, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio type software
- Familiarity with the SPC rules
- Familiarity with the Lean Manufacturing principles
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH PSCO Powertrain and Specialty Controls Ops
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No