If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Sr. Electronic Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Shanghai, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is responsible for design, analysis, test, release and support of wiring devices products, consistent with company and industry standards for quality, safety and reliability while optimizing cost and manufacturability. This position works closely with the regional and global design engineering team as part of a cross functional team and coordinate with production team to solve issue, meet project development goal .
- Be a highly technical individual to participate in a product engineering team in the design, analysis, modification, or enhancement of wiring drives. Work to meet cost, performance, and schedule requirements.
- Provide design specification, define the test requirement, and perform qualification test in support of product cost reduction program, strategic sourcing opportunities, product obsolescence replacements, manufacturing issues and any other product design changes.
- Perform root cause failure analysis, analyze complex malfunctioning electrical and electro-mechanical circuits or systems and satisfactorily design and test a solution for the malfunction.
- Develops and interprets schematic diagrams, engineering sketches, and assembly drawings for constructing breadboards, prototype, and production hardware.
- Guide and/or conduct testing to regulatory agency, internal standards, and international standards, such as UL, CSA, NEMA, FCC.
- Applies knowledge of internal/external processes to develop and implement strategic work assignments. Writes reports, test plans, functional specifications, hardware descriptions, and other related or supporting levels of documentation.
- Coordinate with production team to solve production issue, expertise on product manufacturing cost and to discuss with manufacturing department to develop and review product cost estimates.
- Research new technology and electronic circuit application; contribute innovations and present Patent applications to new product design work.
- Work with Engineering Services to develop and release product design documentation Work, including drawings, schematics, PCB designs, Bills of Material, etc. through the ECN process
- Takes accountability for meeting commitments and deadlines
- Good team work ability and would like to share experiences with others.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electronic Engineer or Computer, Electronic Information Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics.
- 5+ years of experience in dealing with electronics design (analog and digital), Expert in Altium Designer EDA tools for electronic design.
- Master electrical circuits and products design, expert in analog and digital circuit, electrical machinery, control, and test/development instrumentation, familiar with product system analysis or simulation.
- Required experience of RF design experience including Antenna design experience, Required experience hardware design for Electro Magnetic Interference / Compatibility (EMC/EMI) and requirement of FCC testing standards.
- Experience with designing for agency certifications such as UL, IEC, etc. as related to specific products.
- Experience in the field of wiring device electronics products, IoT product with WIFI/ Bluetooth, etc. (development engineering, qualification testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting) is preferred.
- Experience in engineering document control and familiar with processing revisions on product documentation through the requirements of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems.
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) processes/tools and SAP experience desired.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, and documentation skills to clearly convey status updates, technical issues, design alternatives, etc.
- Proficiency with MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Good Skills in collaboration and teamwork as well as multi-tasking.
- Good communication skills (English – both written and verbal)
- Self-motivated and strong self-learning ability.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time