This position provides leadership and management for the manufacturing operations at the Nacogdoches, TX, plant which includes approximately 240 plant employees. The Nacogdoches plant manufactures Single Phase Polemount Transformers, Single Phase Padmount Transformers and Single Phase PEAK™ Transformers. The primary function of this position is to lead the plant, providing strategy and direction to meet and exceed the organization’s short-term and long-term business and financial goals.
- Develop short and long term plans in alignment with the strategic plan and annual profit plan objectives to drive superior operational performance and financial results.
- Establish objectives and track key performance indicators across the organization; ensure continued improvement in all balanced scorecard indicators with emphasis on Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Cost and Culture.
- Proactively champion a culture focused on Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), driving a zero-incident culture. Empower employees and drive accountability for EHS to all levels in the organization.
- Create a culture of exceeding customer expectations, ensuring that the organization is highly responsive to customer needs and issues. Work with key stakeholders across Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Operations to ensure achievement of end-to-end quality goals.
- Establish inventory plans by product family/site; proactively manage inventory to profit plan, driving improved and sustainable processes; execute the Supply Demand Planning (SIOP) process, driving ownership and collaboration across all stakeholder groups; generate forecasts that meet customer expectations and profit plan objectives.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key suppliers (internal and external) to ensure high quality relationships and products.
- Drive cost out, meeting or exceeding profit plan targets.
- Continuously improve operations through alignment with the Eaton Business System with a strong focus on driving a Lean Culture. Support meeting all of the criteria identified in the Eaton Business System (EBS) including Eaton Lean System, OpA, MESH, HR-Opr review, and MMA.
- Build organizational capability by providing leadership in recruiting, goal alignment, employee development, performance management and communication. Ensure motivation and retention of a high performance plant leadership team and workforce.
- Demonstrate Eaton’s Leadership Attributes and serve as a role model for facility, including upholding Eaton Code of Ethics.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited intuition.
Minimum 7 years of experience with progressive levels of accountability and responsibility in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Finance, OPEX and/or related support functions in a manufacturing environment is required.
Minimum 3 years of managing people in a manufacturing environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited institution is preferred.
Minimum of two years of experience working in an ETO (Engineer to order) manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of current technologies in manufacturing, engineering, materials management/inventory control, distribution and logistics, purchasing, quality assurance systems processes and practices.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Strong collaborative skills with the proven ability to drive change and leadership ownership / accountability.
- Ability to build high performance teams, lead cross-functionally, develop & train employees.
- Ability to provide leadership, performance results, organizational development and operational improvement.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time