Lead Software/ Developer Engineer
Eaton’s Power Quality division is seeking a Lead Software / Developer Engineer for our Raleigh, North Carolina location. The Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for defining and driving the development of the division's SaaS offering, as well as directly contributing to the technical development of the product.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this hybrid role:
- You will analyze business requirements; work with stakeholders to refine requirements; develop, review, and implement solutions that are robust and scalable.
- You will work with stakeholders and development teams to ensure the goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives.
- You will incorporate feature requests into a product roadmap.
- You will own, prioritize, and manage the product backlog.
- You will develop user stories and define acceptance tests and acceptance criteria.
- You will set sprint goals, plan releases and upgrades.
- You will follow the progress of work and address production issues during sprints.
- You will proactively seek ways to incorporate new and creative ideas and methodologies into software development efforts by keeping abreast of current methodologies, technologies and tools.
- You will develop software components leveraging both company proprietary and third-party platforms.
- You will develop supporting engineering documentation including software requirements. specifications, design documentation and design verification test plans.
- You will conduct technical design reviews and provide technical documentation of solutions.
- You will present and communicate solution to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You will participate in demos and code reviews and enforce software best practices, standards. and processes
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering from an accredited university.
- 2-3 years of cloud development experience.
- 1-2 years Product Owner or Scum Master Experience.
- Candidates must reside within a 50 miles radius of Raleigh, NC.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Proven leadership and technical skills
- Knowledge of cloud product systems, cloud solutions and software-as-a-service offerings
- Ability to develop accurate development estimates and assist team and project managers with the estimation process
- Thorough understanding of the software development cycle in an agile environment, software architecture patterns and product development methodologies
- Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with geographically dislocated teams across organization and cultural boundaries
- Organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Experience with data storage technologies: MSSQL, MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB and Azure SQL.
- Experience using modern Web UI technologies – Angular JS 6, HTML5, CSS3 & Angular Material Design
- Strong object-oriented and multi-threading programming knowledge
- Familiar with tools such as VSTS/TFS, Bitbucket, Jira & GIT
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with Actor Model design and development
- Experience with micro services design and development
- Experience developing in Azure Service Fabric You will develop software components leveraging both company proprietary and third-party platforms.
- Develop supporting engineering documentation including software requirements, specifications, design documentation and design verification test plans.
- Conduct technical design reviews and provide technical documentation of solutions.
- Present and communicate solution to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Participate in demos and code reviews and enforce software best practices, standards. and processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No