Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Buyer to join our team.
This position is based at our Chelsea, Massachusets facility.
a well streamlined Supply Chain is an integral part of sustaining a
successful product based business. A large portion of this backend success
comes from efficient tactical Buyers working closely with Operations and
Planning to eliminate material related bottlenecks. A successful buyer will
help mitigate production shortages, manage inventory levels, and ultimately
play a pivotal role in our strive to meet OTD dates. The Buyer owns metrics
pertaining to receipt of raw materials such as: on time to stock, requisition
to PO conversion rate, adhering to the AVL, quality requirements and inventory
and quality requirements.
- You will quote components on in coming quote kits through approved suppliers
- You will prepare quote kits for submittal of the RFQ to the customer by customer service
- Quote and buy office/miscellaneous items
- Control inventory impact by analyzing MOQ vs consumption
- You will maintain MRP health by aligning PO dates and managing PO quantities
- You will run and respond to daily MRP report
- You will run and respond to daily Exceptions Report (Reschedule In, Reschedule Out, Cancels, Late PO’s)
- You will resolve PO/Invoice discrepancies in a timely manner
- You will manage OSP components (painting, testing, etc.)
- You will process supplier related RMA’s
- You will pursue and track cost out in accordance with divisional supply base
- You will ensure fixed vendors align with divisional supply base
- You will communicate and coordinate with plant manager, production supervisors and planning to ensure schedule adherence and recovery if required
- You will expedite critical orders throughout the supply chain
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Experience as a buyer utilizing SAP
- Bachelor’s Degree in SCM or related field
- Experience expediting
- Knowledge of electronic components
Position Success Criteria:
- Collaborates effectively with Operations and Planning
- Operates with limited supervision and efficiently controls MRP demand
- Builds positive relationships, internally and with supply base
- Maintains a positive attitude under pressure
- Makes data driven decisions
- Exhibits excellent analytical skills
- Negotiates effectively with suppliers
- Maintains a positive attitude towards change
- Understanding of FA approval process
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No