Human Resources Specialist
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Human Resource Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, WI facility.
This position provides recruiting and onboarding support for the Human Resources department for all production and salaried employees, as well as leads the outreach, employment branding, and sourcing efforts for the PSD WI facilities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will identify, attract, and present salary and hourly candidates utilizing a variety of sources including, but not limited to, internet postings and search, direct sourcing, employee referrals, job fairs, research, print media, social networking and agencies.
- You will develop and maintain relationships with both internal and external parties, technical schools, universities, government agencies, and others to foster an ongoing pipeline of highly qualified candidates.
- You will ensure hiring managers/supervisors receive an adequate flow of resumes, the resumes are reviewed and feedback is provided in a timely fashion, qualified candidates are interviewed quickly and an offer is extended and accepted.
- You will manage the internal hourly employee job bid process through the applicant tracking system (Taleo).
- You will maintain the accuracy of the complete hiring process within the applicant tracking system (Taleo).
- You will develop and deliver recruiting update presentations and materials, ensuring accuracy of data.
- You will assist in reporting requirements and action planning for the Affirmative Action Plan (AAP).
- You will ensure candidates appropriately complete pre-employment contingencies, maintain and deliver new hire orientation, and ensure new hire onboarding activities are completed in a timely manner.
- You will partner with operations and functional groups to analyze jobs to ensure accuracy of job descriptions. Attend regular meetings, including SIOP, to understand future hiring requirements
- You will be the main point of contact for HR Services, assuring service levels are meeting or exceeding expectations.
- You will create and execute strategy to fill open positions with the right talent and the right time, including planning and executing large hiring events
- You will explore and execute on creative employment branding opportunities in the community for all of PSD/Eaton
- You will create and continue to improve upon Eaton’s manufacturing onboarding and new employee orientation program
- You will perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree (HR Preferred)
- Minimum of three years of relevant hourly and salary employee recruiting experience for a manufacturing facility
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize
- Self-motivated and result-oriented
- High level of organization and time management skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills required (good knowledge of Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have high level of discretion and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, and also working nights and weekends as needed to support recruiting efforts
- Up to 10% of WI based travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Computer and phone work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position located at a manufacturing facility.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time