Machinist II - 2nd Shift
Eaton Corporation Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Machinist II for 2nd shift to join our team. This position is in our Irvine, CA facility.
The Machinist II will be responsible for set-up, adjust and operate a variety of machine tools such as engine lathes, mills, CNC Machine, CNC Lathes, drill presses and deburr.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- You will perform operations such as drilling, tapping, reaming, and boring
- You will be part of a team complying with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and
- You will be working from drawings and specifications using a variety of prevision measuring instruments
- You will be responsible for setting up and operating CNC lathes and CNC mills
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum three (3) years’ previous work experience as a Machinist is required.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Irvine, CA will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Knowledge & use of shop mathematics
- Knowledge of Geometric symbols
- Able to read and interpret drawings & schematics
- Experience using a variety of measuring tools / instruments
- Previous work experience in the Aerospace Industry is preferred
- Experience with 4 axis Mill
- 5 years experience as a machinist is preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time