Senior Sales Manager-Light Vehicle Sales
Eaton’s Light Vehicle Sales division is currently seeking a Senior Sales Manager to join our team.
The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for:
Managing sales and commercial activity for the Fiat Chrysler (FCA) account to ensure continuity and growth of this $80M book of business, while identifying and positioning Eaton for profitable growth. You will collaborate with product lines to identify pipeline opportunities and address OEM and service organizations to deliver incremental profitability- through pricing adjustments and/or cost out activities.
This role will develop engine and driveline roadmaps outlining FCA developmental activities and develops a comprehensive customer strategy to support growth battle plans; define strategies to secure RFQ’s for new business and pushes the organization to fill “gaps” that address FCA’s unmet needs; and manage daily activities of the FCA “Account Managers”, providing guidance and developing tactics to address business issues. You will also need to manage any/all directed buy relationships and have the responsibility of identifying areas of further focus, establishing metrics to measure accuracy and progress on key functional elements.
In this role you will:
- Function as the key focal point for all commercial issues within NAFTA for direct and indirect accounts.
- Develop a comprehensive customer strategy which achieves strategic alignment of Eaton and the customer's key issues/initiatives.
- Take supervisory ownership of the assigned account managers and establishes clearly defined/measurable goals, objectives and development plans.
- Align with the VP of Sales, Divisional VP’s and PSM’s to identify critical expectations for the region.
- Engage as needed to manage FCA global opportunities, including regular interface with other regional sales leaders.
- Articulate clear understanding of current/future targets for relevant product market shares, competitive positioning, pricing strategies and standard profits which achieve Eaton's expectations. Benchmarks with other internal or external sales departments to assure best practices are utilized.
- Relentlessly monitor market dynamics (global and regional) including customer and competitor developments and recommend strategies to counteract these pressures to management.
- Utilize the Eaton Business System´s Value Cycle process and tools to develop (in consensus with product managers) and deploy comprehensive value-based pricing strategies which are market driven, based on value provided, and the competitive landscape.
- Take ownership of total customer satisfaction. You will establish and execute regional customer relationship review process and corrective action plans, as appropriate.
- Own the regional Business Plan for FCA and develop collaborative resolutions which lead to opportunities to secure new opportunities.
- Provide oversight to account management team and supports negotiation, commercial warranty claims, commercial impacts to program scope changes, and all other commercial and pricing activities associated with the account(s).
- Work with product line teams to develop and deploy a product technology roadmap which effectively translates customer needs into product features.
- Provide customer interface strategy (points of contacts, frequency) and build strong rapport with key customer decision-makers.
- Develop the appropriate customer sales forecast for the annual business plans (profit plan, strategic plan).
- Coordinate tech days and relevant customer demonstrations both within Eaton and at customers facilities.
- Stay current on industry trends through active participation at industry events.
This position is based at our Southfield, MI facility.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years combined experience with business to business commercial experience, with deep understanding of value-based selling and pricing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business or Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a matrix environment
- Broad business acumen, ability to plan and manage execution of business plans
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the automotive or similar industrial industry and organization.
- Experience with large global OEM customers
- Commercial or sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a matrix environment
- Broad business acumen, ability to develop and manage execution based plans
- Business acumen with an understanding key financial metrics such as standard costs, manufacturing profit, bill of materials, and income statements.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with large amounts of data, manage as needed and consolidate and report critical summaries of the data.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, lead and develop talent along with demonstrated managerial courage
- Ability to influence outside of a direct reporting relationship and leverage resources
- Evidence of leadership skills with the ability to develop strong relationships, align with regional business goals, think strategically, adapt to change and develop strategies are critical to this role.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time