Associate Engineer #064613
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Associate Engineer in Eaton’s Hydraulics business, based in Pune,India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Hydraulics business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Perform Application engineering, new design & design change using Solid works 2012/2014 & maintain database in Enovia PLM environment
- Preparation of Technical specification sheet based on the customer requirement
- Detail assembly and component drawing creation for prototypes/productions & preparation of customer drawings
- Concept generation/creation for various parts, assemblies of hydraulic products for new product/sub-system and should materialize it to 3D model and perform basic stack-up analysis
- Conduct assembly level layout analysis with other sub-assemblies and create the details report of findings
- Maintain records/documents for all the projects (Project plan, design review document, ECO/ECR, MoM etc.) per ISO standard and should produce the same whenever required
- Involve during physical testing of the product with test technicians at test locations
- Can able to handle a project or phase of a program independently within strict deadlines and with highest quality.
- Have to communicate, work & understand cross functional team in India as wells as other worldwide Eaton locations.
- Performs quality checks to ensure design meet Eaton and customer standards / requirements
- Provide technical support to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as it relates to the product.
If you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-3 years of engineering/product design experience in relevant domain
- Awareness of DFSS tools like FMEA.FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis etc.
- Root Cause Analysis, 8D methodology awareness
- Awareness of engineering standard like ASME / ISO related to Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), Stack Up analysis, checklists, etc
- Familiar with Engineering change management process and execution of changes thru PLM or any other system
- Solid works 2010/2012 and AutoCAD 2008+ working experience
- Knowledge of hydraulic cylinders will be added advantage
- Exposure to computational methods – Excel macro development for Automation
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time