Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Eaton’s Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Los Angeles, CA facility.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible for providing supervision and technical leadership to the manufacturing engineering team supporting development and production programs for fluid control and actuation products. The team is responsible for the development and continuous improvement of processes, tooling, and equipment for various military and commercial programs. A successful candidate would be able to lead a team in meeting the day-to-day program and production deliverables, while implementing larger scope initiatives for process improvement and cost reduction.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will collaborate with New Product Development team on new product launch deliverables through all gates of ProLaunch including production transition. Specifically ensure design for manufacturability and design to cost targets are achieved by active participation in DFMEA, PFMEA and process error proofing techniques.
- You will develop and implement processes to improve troubleshooting production issues related to product non-conformance and performance test failures for hydraulic, pneumatic, and electro-mechanical products. Specifically monitor and support the elimination of daily variation to TAKT rate output.
- You will focus efforts of the manufacturing engineering team on meeting factory productivity cost out objectives. Specifically drive positive standard labor variance and favorable variable manufacturing expense variance through the use of ELSS tools and design to cost initiatives
- You will drive utilization of a problem solving methodology (DOE, 8-D, A-3) in the manufacturing engineering team to define true root cause and process prevention based corrective action
- You will improve implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles and utilization of Six Sigma methodologies to develop and maintain robust manufacturing processes in order to increase productivity, reduce variation, eliminate waste, and minimize assembly and test cycle times
- You will serve as the team representative, focal point, and leader to all internal and external customers
- You will work collaboratively on a cross-functional team to execute projects on time in meeting program and production deliverables.
- You will define and manage capital base to support current, future and cost savings objectives.
- You will prepare and manage project budgets, schedules, and resource plans
- You will insure compliance with Environmental, Safety, and Health (MESH), ISO, and other industry standards.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
“Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO”
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience is required.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA
- Aerospace experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time