Master Data Management - Product Hub - Technical Lead
Eaton’s Corporate IT Function is seeking an Master Data Management (MDM) – Product Data Hub (PDH) - Technical Lead in our Business Intelligence Center of Excellence (BICOE). The MDM - Product Technical Lead will be based at our Moon Township, PA or our Beachwood, OH facilities. No relocation is being offered for this position. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
The MDM – Product and Customer - Technical Lead will be responsible to design, construct and deliver solutions to address business and technical requirements, leveraging standard principles and patterns for our enterprise MDM program spanning all regions and sectors.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role...
- You will drive decisions and deliverables across technical teams.
- You will serve as the interface between the Program Manager, Functional Analyst and development resources to ensure proper understanding and delivery of project objectives
- You will lead efforts to create functional design deliverable (FDD). Direct and approve detailed TDD’s created by the development team
- You will be responsible for team adherence to process, standards, governance and performance of the shared structures and technical environments.
- You will consistently evaluate technologies to shape design of services in consideration of cost, portability, compatibility, or usability factors Provides technical design leadership capabilities to multiple projects/across all modules involve
- You will act as a mentor and provides guiding influence to others
- You will lead Enterprise wide initiatives.
- You will engage senior leadership/provides ongoing input for enterprise decision making.
- You will provide insight regarding IT industry trends and drives improvements across the organization
- You will partner with business teams and senior business customers providing analysis and expertise to identify, document and drive business requirements to accomplish business and strategic objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required
- 7 years IT experience or 5 years of IT experience and a graduate of Eaton’s leadership development program is required
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Ability to work on multiple modules/component designs
- Has proven knowledge of project management methodology and tools. Consults with the business team to help develop, define, and prioritize work and project requests.
- Provide proactive direction ensuring a stable and scalable solution across a global footprint.
- Collaborate with business and development teams to drive robust testing methodologies
- Work within operational and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline such as: B.E / BTech / MCA / Equivalent (EITC) or B.S. Comp Sci / Mathematics / Engineering / Equivalent
- Excellent proficiency with the English language (written and verbal). Additional language capabilities are a plus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time