Eaton’s Circuit Protection Division located in Mood Township, PA has an opening for a Logistics Manager
This position is accountable to direct all transportation activities to assure that Eaton’s CPD Business’ Customers receive the most efficient and economical transportation of finished goods, supplies, raw materials and hazardous material in accordance with applicable governmental regulations
As Logistics Manager, the primary concerns of the incumbent are to apply and utilize knowledge of transportation law, freight classification, routing, rates, tracing, expediting and claims for both inbound and outbound shipments. Deploys logistics cost reductions, manages spend within division and deploys sourcing awards. The incumbent will represent CPD on the Logistics Council, to obtain optimum rates and service. The incumbent must know and maintain computer transportation rate maintenance, auditing and billing systems to effectively control and manage the payment of freight invoices. Gives courteous consideration to customers in terms of requested service, interacting verbally and via written media with customers; provides customized service like priority routing, expediting, tracing, tailgating, overnight, exclusive use, mediation of carrier/customer problems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Ensure that all freight is routed and classified in accordance with cost and service objectives to complement and support all Eaton and CPD business initiatives.
- Leverage Eaton-wide carrier agreements; conduct analytical studies, employ audit techniques, and analyze logistic modeling studies to achieve reduction in transportation costs for CPD in accordance with Eaton Corporate guidelines and policies.
- Oversees logistics staff in execution of all day-to-day operations in all aspects of logistics for global business.
- Develops and implements strategies and plans for the business that may affect the production, distribution and inventory of finished products in order to enhance product flow.
- Oversees one or more intermediate or larger sized projects for the division.
- Conducts distribution and network studies, working cross-functionally to analyze requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired logistics and cost productivity objectives of the business.
- Coordinates logistics activities with internal/external customers.
- Maintains appropriate records and prepares reports.
- The incumbent operates and maintains a convenient accessible system of adequate customer service shipment records; files of published tariffs, routing guides and other shipment compliance regulation data.
- Keeps current on developments in transportation field, carrier practices, tariff regulations, governmental regulations/law, export law, policies, procedures; interprets and advises management of impact to Eaton’s CPD business.
- Conducts continuing studies on transportation costs using shipment history and geographic distribution statistical data together with forecasted cost of different modes and vendors of transportation in efforts to reduce transportation expense. Implements projects to achieve savings.
- Maintains contacts with subsidiaries and other Eaton manufacturing /shipping locations to act as an advisor on transportation matters and otherwise assist them with developing and maintaining cost effective and efficient transportation.
- Works with Finance to support CPD reporting of cost walk and other logistics cost impacts.
- The Logistics Manager works closely with the Customer Service Managers, Warehouse Management, New product development and Field Sales Management providing routing information, expedited services and recommendations to make timely deliveries of products to support customer service objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in logistics
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- The incumbent must be aware of market conditions (i.e. changing prices, supply considerations and demand variables) in his/her pertinent commodities of responsibility.
- Relationships with Marketing, Engineering and Operations personnel and suppliers must be effective to achieve goals.
- The incumbent must possess a strong sense of urgency, ownership and effective communication skills.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to lead a global team
- Detail oriented with an ability to transform the organization and lead change through innovative ideas and metrics based results.
- Expertise at establishing cross-functional relationships and partnerships through product and process knowledge.
- Masters degree from an accredited institution is preferred
- Prior experience with global logistics analysis and management
- Prior experience in global trade compliance
- Prior experience in third-party logistics operations
- Prior experience in employee supervision / management
- Prior project management experience of cross-functional teams
- Structured negotiation experience including contract negotiation
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience using SAP
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD Circuit Protection Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time