Join Eaton’s Information Technology IT team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an Infrastructure Architect to join our Infrastructure Center of Excellence (INFCOE) team. The Infrastructure provides the technical strategy and supporting IT frameworks to guide the successful design, deployment and operations of IT solutions. This position is based at our Eaton Center in Beachwood, Ohio. No relocation is being offered for this position. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as an Infrastructure Architect:
- You will collaborate with enterprise teams to design, build out and support cloud environments including our automation solution which enables our private cloud platform.
- You will plan for future-state technology portfolios and IT program investments.
- You will develop, communicate, and deploy architecture governance processes.
- You will drive the application of emerging technologies to current Eaton environments.
- You will drive solution architecture, ensure technical alignment and facilitate technical solution delivery.
- You will works within Eaton's IT Organization to successfully influence the direction of key technical elements of the solution environment.
- You will have ownership of Strategic Planning process.
- You will evaluate new technology and report results.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in IT.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship.
- Subject Matter Expert in one of the key infrastructure areas
- Technical leadership in one of the key infrastructure areas (in addition to SME area)
- Ability to have vision across infrastructure silos
- Ability to lead medium scale projects
- Ability to quickly learn and interact with new technology. Able to present complex technologies to customers.
- Ability to actively participate in technical advisory boards
- Ability to present a solution to upper management
- Ability to envision and document a three to five year strategy and a roadmap to achieve that vision
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time