Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Materials Analyst to join our team.
This position is based at our Jackson, Michigan facility.
Develop processes required to perform all inventory related functions in an efficient and accurate manner. Constantly monitor and analyze all inventory related transactions made in the ERP system. Provide feedback and direction to shop floor supervisors and hourly associates pertaining to processes used to perform inventory related transactions. Provide training for all inventory related transactions as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree required from an accredited university.
- Minimum one year of manufacturing, supply chain, and/or production experience.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that
currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 miles of Jackson,
MI will be considered.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Data Analysis
- Proficient in the development and tracking of internal metrics
- Knowledge of ERP item parameter set up and inventory control processes
- Program management experience preferred
- Exposure to institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process
- improvement tools: Six Sigma, DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs
- Experience leading new product development projects
of fluid conveyance related products, manufacturing techniques, and material
Hose, tube, fitting, and coupling design experience is a plus
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing process, metal forming, assembly/test in an Aerospace environment preferred
Position Success Criteria:
- Must have the ability to multi task and support extremely dynamic daily volumes. Able to react quickly and efficiently in a fast paced work environment
- Share personal responsibility to create and maintain a safe work environment to support Zero Incident Safety Culture.
- Ability to work daily and /or weekend overtime when needed
- Must be flexible in work hours to accommodate early and late deliveries/shipments.
- Must be extremely organized, flexible, self-starter, results oriented and a quick learner.
- Promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies and support continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Use and promote the principles of 5S to ensure a clean and organized work area
- Subject matter expertise on all areas of facilities and mechanical engineering disciplines.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No