Human Resources Business Partner
Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking a HR Business Partner for its Crouse Hinds Division. The HR BP position will be located at its Houston, TX facility.
Eaton's Crouse Hinds series sits within the global Electrical Sector specializing in technology for harsh and hazardous environments, including the manufacturing of parts for oil and gas, mining, chemical, petrochemical and range of other industries globally.
Crouse Hinds is currently looking to hire a HR professional to be based in Houston delivering HR programs and services multiple businesses / functions including the EP, HAC, MTL, and WWW business units. The role is accountable for the oversight of all elements of operational HR including performance and talent management, employee development and succession execution, disciplinary and policy management, engagement, compensation and benefits.
Reporting to the Global HR Director of functions, the role will also interface with the EP, MTL, and HAC global HR team, Eaton’s CoEs and HR Services.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- You will identify, plan and execute on the HR deliverables applicable to the US business, while simultaneously drive corporate wide initiatives and projects.
- You will be visible and regularly engage with employees to ensure an approachable and valuable HR service forms part of the employee experience.
- You will manage performance management programs, organizational development initiatives and work with colleagues in the group to tailor solutions to the specific needs of the sites.
- You will provide counsel and guidance to Managers of people on employee related matters and play a key role in resolving disciplinary matters to conclusion.
- You will deliver key programs centered on employee development which address building core competencies and leadership capability.
- You will identify opportunities to further employee engagement, being creative in the identification of new initiatives to deploy.
- You will Manage the day to day running of HR service delivery including required document management, responding to employee queries and issues and other elements of employee relations.
- You will be accountable for the oversight and governance of structured pay practices, flexible working practices and occupational health.
- You will manage the recruitment cycle for both permanent and temporary roles, including relationships with external suppliers, the execution of competency led selection methods, on boarding and probationary management.
- You will occasionally take the lead role of broader projects for the supported businesses/functions and engage with Eaton’s broader HR infrastructure.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years HR experience in some of the following areas: Staffing, compensation, employee relations, reward and recognition, and organizational development
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Houston, TX in order to be considered.
- Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources from an accredited institution
- Previous experience working in a Human Resources Analyst capacity in a corporate environment
- Demonstrable HR work experience at Operational level in a commercial environment
- Full employee lifecycle HR knowledge and experience
- Ability to work through complexity and in a large global business environment
- Work independently as well as cross functionally
- Experienced in delivering day to day HR support balanced with programs and projects
- Knowledge of the interpretation of laws, regulations and standards, and enforcement, compensation and labour law.
- Be able to identify workable and realistic solutions
- Personal traits: Engaging, creative, determined, focused collaborator
Core skills: Planning, attention to detail, resourceful, action orientated
- Broad range of knowledge of and experience in labor and employment laws affecting human resources management including OSHA, FLSA, ADA, ADEA, EO11246, Civil Rights Act, FMLA, Workers Compensation, and other related laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of employment/labor laws.
- Strong coaching, facilitation and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas/thoughts to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
- Strong experience in recruiting and selection activities for all levels of employment.
- Demonstrates professionalism with all levels of employees and senior leaders
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time