Lead Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (AME)
You will actively participate and engage in the Eaton Aerospace Group (EAG)Rate Readiness process, ensuring alignment and accuracy it, leading on-site rate readiness assessment to pursue early identification of manufacturing risk in areas such as capacity planning, manufacturability, production ramp up, supply chain, quality, new technology among others.
You will Provide feedback to determine critical path for manufacturing decisions related with Capital equipment appropriation, labor capacity, new technology introduction, manufacturability, product transitions among others
You will support manufacturing sites to improve Rate Readiness Score Cards in Capacity, Demand, Engineering, Quality, Suppliers, Technology. On Time Delivery, Quality and First Pass Yield
You will support sites in Improving manufacturing processes to meet Rate Readiness– i.e. equipment technologies/capabilities, Additive Manufacturing and/or Create new manufacturing processes.
You will support best practices sharing and realization of synergies in manufacturing across Eaton Aerospace Group (EAG).
You will support capacity analysis (short and long term) including constraint analysis, capital requirements (equipment, tooling, plant infrastructure) and staffing/training plans.
You will review and evaluate new product designs through direct interfacing with multiple functions including Product Engineering.
You will recommend changes to facilitate manufacturability and support development as well as execution of overall manufacturing strategy that supports flawless ramp ups and/or new product introduction.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing operations experience in a plant-manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience in capacity planning in manufacturing environment (labor and machine capacity)
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50-mile radius of Irvine, CA or Ft. Worth, TX will be considered for this position.
- Must be available to travel up to 50% this position.
- Engineering or technical degree from an accredited institution.
- Min 5 years manufacturing operations experience (Manufacturing Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing)
- Experience in assets management - CAPEX process – equipment capacity
- Advance engineering as a plus
- Hands on mechanical/manufacturing experience
- Understanding and working experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
- Understanding of manufacturing processes such as electronics assembly, metal forming, welding, castings, CNC machining, product inspection, secondary process knowledge, etc.
- Project Management experience with large capital projects and leadership of product transitions. This includes understanding of production/manufacturability ramp up drivers such as demand and capacity planning (short, medium and long term), manufacturing constrains, labor productivity and efficiency, new product development, program management among others.
- Previous experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Advanced Manufacturing Engineering.
- Subject Matter expertise in any of the following areas would be a plus – additive manufacturing, machining, metal forming, welding, and/or electronics assembly.
- Experience with low volume, high mix manufacturing processes and in the areas of quality, lean, six sigma
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes which may include metal forming, welding,
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Process oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, analytical and detail oriented.
- Solid Computer skills
- Understanding of problem solving methods (Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis)
- Ability to effectively influence and impact across work groups and at all levels in the organization
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time