Manager - Safety
Manager Safety #064514
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Manager Safety in Eaton’s Hydraulics business, based in Pune,India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Hydraulic business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Develop, write and maintain Job Safety Analysis for all processes. Evaluate jobs for possible ergonomic improvements (body mechanics, lifts, hoists, manipulators, etc.) and implement these work / process design changes as appropriate
- Prepare required reports, plans, and other government EHS filings and ensures timely and accurate submission
- Maintains current information for the facility in the company environmental database and coordinate with appropriate divisional staff within / outside the organization
- Ensure that appropriate air pollution, sewer ordinance requirements are current and are compiled with regulatory requirements
- Actively investigate all accidents, close calls, and near misses and follow up to ensure corrective actions are accomplished. Assist with return to work efforts
- Administer worker’s compensation insurance and claims management through third party administrator as applicable
- Maintain OSHA 300 Log. Coordinate all OSHA compliance programs, including, but not limited to; PPE Hearing Conservation, Respiratory Protection, Blood Borne Pathogen, Foot Protection and Eye Protection, Confined Space, Contractor safety, and Hazard communication
- Lead facility safety initiatives and wellness committee as required from time to time
- Implement and deploy corrective actions to ensure compliance with Quality management systems, OSHA regulations, all Statutory regulations and Local laws as applicable
If you are:
- Graduate /Diploma in any Mechanical/ Electrical / Chemical with relevant hands experience in HSE function Advance diploma in Industrial Safety/ fire certification is must .M.Sc. Environment will be added advantage
- 6-8 Years’ experience in EHS function
- Strong and effective communication skill
- Past experience in ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 implementation Hands of experience in Legal Compliance .
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time