Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join our team. This position is located in Marshall, MI
The Senior Engineer will support the Powertrain product line (Advanced Engineering Team). In this role, you will be responsible for completing engineering activities associated with automotive differentials and related driveline products. Duties include working with designers to create models and release drawings for new products, coordination of prototype hardware, coordination of performance and durability testing, frequent interaction with suppliers and customers, lead design reviews, “analysis first” approach to engineering including design for six sigma, conduct DFMEA’s, problem solving, failure analysis, and writing and presenting technical reports and specifications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will apply engineering tools and methodologies to minimize
product development iterations.
Utilizes VoC and product strategy to develop automotive driveline components that are new to the market.
- You will conduct detailed product/system analysis through simulation, FEA, calculations and related means.
- You will understand and interpret results to identify problems, make change recommendations and make product/system improvements.
- You will learn and apply technical skills related to electro-hydraulic, electro-mechanical, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems toward establishing new requirements and new product specifications.
- You will develop and interpret layouts and drawings of parts, raw materials, assemblies, BOMs, and specifications for castings, forgings, stampings, powdered metal, and machined components
- You will stay abreast of latest industry trends in area of expertise with the idea of incorporating latest technologies into the product development process.
- You will champion development and implementation of new engineering systems and processes. Improves existing engineering systems, tools and processes. Trains others.
- You will participate in customer activities with the Sales team to demonstrate product technology and engineering capabilities toward earning new business.
- You will provide technical leadership in coordinating development activities with product engineers and directs projects for a team of technicians.
- You will travel up to 15% of the time, including international
- You will be responsible for customer visits to the laboratory, visits to customer test facilities, vendor and supplier contact
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Degree in Engineering discipline from an accredited university is required
• Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
• Large-scale cross functional project team
• 2+ years of automotive driveline engineering experience
• 2+ years of advanced product development experience
• Experience in simulation/modeling/analysis of electro-hydraulic and electro-mechanical systems
• Familiarity and experience using DFSS engineering tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time