Rotational Engineering Program Participant
Eaton’s Power Systems division is currently seeking a Rotational Engineering Program Participant to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, Pewaukee, South Milwaukee and/or Franksville, WI facilities.
The Rotational Engineering Program Participant will complete 3 rotations through various product lines and functions within Engineering. This rotational program is designed to give the participant a firm grasp of the engineering function and a holistic view of our technology-driven solutions that serve our wide range of customers. The candidate will be placed into assignments that best matches their skillset and development focus. Different opportunities include but are not limited to: Testing, Product Line Support, Design, VAVE, and Quality. The candidate will have exposure to Materials, Electrical, Mechanical, and Electro-Mechanical, disciplines; also access to state of the art laboratories and on-site mentoring.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop sub-system verification tests which includes defining test methods and procedures and designing and developing custom fixtures.
- You will assist with performing mechanical, electrical, and environmental testing.
- You will collaborate with global design and manufacturing teams.
- You will develop, improve, and sustain product design and product definition data (3D models, drawings, bills of materials, product & material specifications).
- You will learn and perform engineering analysis and digital simulation leveraging advanced tools (CAD, FEA, statistical tolerance analysis, computational analysis Matlab, etc.).
- You will learn and utilize design techniques to drive design optimization in cost, manufacturing and assembly, six sigma, etc.
- You will set aggressive goals, measure performance, and strive to go beyond what is expected.
- You will support production and manufacturing engineering including prototype and pilot builds.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering program with a graduation date no later than May 2019 from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience using 3D CAD software
- Power-electrical and mechanical experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time