Test Repair Technician
A Test Technician is responsible for the testing of all manufactured items. This may include testing of bought in and new assemblies or systems and occasional reworking or modification of units or systems as appropriate. These tasks should all be undertaken in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring compliance to our ISO9001 and ISO14001 standards and working towards a zero incident safety culture at all times.
• Attend daily Tier 1 meetings to meet OTD expectation and work with Production supervisor / Production Manager to ensure the smooth running of the department.
• Liaising and communicating with engineering to feed back any problems or issues and pass information back on resolutions so these can be added to drawings / schematics.
• Perform system or unit testing tasks as required in the production of Eaton products.
• To work safely with both high and low voltage systems and test equipment, communicating possible issues or safety concerns promptly.
• Work with the Production supervisor and other staff to create and assist in improvement and waste reduction / ELSS projects and initiate improvements to production processes to drive our Lean Culture
• Write and create work instructions, process aids and train other team members on different processes, share knowledge within business and learn new processes, operations and tasks.
• Deliver on KPI’s in line with the business requirements also ensure our commitment to Health and Safety and Zero Incident Culture
• Complete test activities in a timely manner ensuring quality is kept to the highest standard for both internal and external customers
• Communicate issues, constraints or difficulties promptly to ensure production and delivery of products is not affected.
• When required, assist in the manufacture of units or systems to ensure the smooth running and continued OTD success of the production department.
• Have a background in domestic, commercial or industrial electrical installation and test or control panel/electrical system wiring and test with minimum of 2 years’ experience.
• BTEC, NVQ, City & Guilds or equivalent qualification in Electrical or Test Engineering.
• Qualified to BS7671 wiring regulations preferred but not essential.
• Knowledge of safe electrical working practices.
• Knowledge of standard electrical test equipment including the ability to perform electrical safety, flash and earth continuity testing.
• Knowledge of fault-finding electrical and electronic systems to component level.
• Good understanding on manufacturing & assembly processes including soldering (conventional and surface mount components).
• Good knowledge of hand tool use.
• Good knowledge of power tool use.
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings and wiring schematics.
• Ability to communicate well with all departments.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PQED Power Quality Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No