Senior UX Designer
Eaton’s Power Distribution & Control Assemblies Division is currently seeking a Senior UX Designer to join our team! This position is based at our Moon Township, PA facility.
Eaton’s Connected Services and Solutions accelerates the creation of meaningful, connected applications used to monitor, interact and control equipment deployed at customers’ sites. The center uses a combination of business specific components and reusable platforms, processes, and services to develop, validate and deploy solutions.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be a member of the User Experience Group and play a role in this work by producing research support for product development, including analysis, prototyping and participating in user interviews. Additionally, you will be responsible for supplying medium and/or high-fidelity designs, supporting front end development and refining interaction patterns – always firmly grounded by User-Centered Design principles.
Our ideal candidate has an uncanny sense for clean design, is a fierce advocate for the user, and is committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows. You also take the time to understand not just the execution side of design, but the business aspects of the products as well.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- You will facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- You will design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces including large information dashboards to mobile clients.
- You will identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- You will make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- You will take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- You will collaborate with other team members and stakeholders and optimize for customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- You will take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- You will conduct detailed UI/UX design reviews, document issues, and coordinate issue resolution.
- You will work closely with other UX designers, developers and visual designers to guide the product from inception through delivery.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, or Information Architect
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Moon Township, PA facility will be considered.
- Masters in Human-Computer Interaction or related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience creating designs for a wide variety of interfaces, from large dashboard displays to mobile devices
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience and knowledge of MVC frameworks, web component libraries, HTML, CSS3, JS
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience and knowledge of visual design, web design and wireframing tools, user research methods, digital prototyping tools
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience with Agile development processes
Position Success Criteria:
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks, web component libraries, HTML, CSS3, JS
- Experience and knowledge of visual design, web design and wireframing tools, user research methods, digital prototyping tools
- Soft skills Teamwork, communication, strong interpersonal skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time