IT Project Manager
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
IT Project Manager
Location: Hungary (preferred), Poland or Czech Republic will be considered
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Project Manager in the Corporate IT Commercial Operations COE EMEA team, you are expected to lead projects that streamline and improve customer-focused business processes primarily within the Electrical and Industrial sector. Your role will fulfill the following primary objectives.
Your key deliverables :
- Deliver project management to moderate to complex projects (less than $1M (capital & expense) and/or more than 5 functional modules) through the entire project lifecycle – from requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, audit and post-production support. Often managing more than one initiative at a time.
- Leading internal and external resources on projects (5 – 40) that are not direct reports.
- Leverage his/her knowledge of customer-facing business applications and processes, to evaluate business requests, project approaches, and create budget estimates.
- Project Management. Primarily responsible for managing scope, budget and duration of software development projects. This challenging position involves working in a highly matrixed organization spanning across multiple primarily European locations. The position involves use of core project management skills including communications management, change management, risk management, and the application of Eaton’s ProLaunch project management methodology.
- Communications Ability. Communicates effectively with both technical and business personnel to understand expected business benefits, gather requirements, communicate expectations, identify solutions, and create action plans
- Evaluation. Evaluate, propose, and recommend alternative solutions to solve business problems and improve business processes in support of the operation's key strategies. Interactions with business organizations to evaluate and understand new IT requests. Understand the validity of IT requests and make initial determination of severity of impact on currently available systems.
- Integration and Design. Understand business processes, applications and underlying infrastructure that comprise the Enterprise CRM suite (Oracle/Siebel), eCommerce, Web and Configurator (Oracle CPQ) capabilities.
- Process Design. Translate business, customer, and supplier needs into business requirements. Creates technical requirements based on knowledge of business process and recommends business process improvements
- Project Charters and Status Update Documentation. Write detailed Project Charters and provide appropriate status updates to project steering committee.
- Scheduling and Prioritization. Manage requests by recommending them for specific phased development. Must serve as a leader and general expert when discussing development priorities with business partners.
- Estimate Development. Apply knowledge of technology and business functions to establish ballpark development efforts and costs for IT requests. Work with program and resource managers to develop estimates based on available resource hours and project demands.
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on IT Project management – than please apply.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 3-7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position.
- Versed in project management methodology (i.e. ProLaunch, Waterfall, SCRUM)
- Ability to work collaboratively. Good written and oral communications skills.
- Understanding of commercial software applications (specifically Oracle suite)Ability to execute regional projects while considering global strategies
- Knowledgeable of manufacturing industry customer service / sales / marketing strategies.
- Ability to facilitate group discussions.
- Expertise working with external service providers and off-shore resources.
- Strong focus on communication and customer / IT alignment.
- Ability to balance process and technology based solutions.
- Passion to exceed customer expectations.
- Willingness to travel as required (15%), based on assignment needs
- PMI Certification preferred
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time