Senior Controls Engineer
Eaton’s Power Systems Division is on the hunt for a talented Senior Controls Engineer for the Waukesha, WI facility.
Using the knowledge below, and with minimal direction from others, the Senior Controls Engineer is responsible for working with maintenance, production, and management to develop new and improved existing controls processes for the North Street facility equipment. The Senior Controls Engineer will develop and work within schedules provided and communicate to management the status of the projects. In this role, you will have knowledge of electrical design, controller programming, and software programming for machine control and machine safety. In addition, the Senior Controls Engineer should have knowledge of drives, servos, operator interfaces, etc. for machine control and operator interaction.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention, and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work within the production environment to support their needs in trouble shooting and determining root cause.
- You will work with Rockwell or other third-party controllers, operator interfaces, and software to develop new or improve existing process for the coil and core equipment.
- You will interface with engineering SQL database with VB or other third-party software and Rockwell tools.
- You will work with third party suppliers to ensure incoming equipment meets Eaton and industry standards.
- You will work with the Eaton SAP system to order design components and other materials for projects.
- You will work with shop floor personnel, in collaboration with maintenance and Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) personnel, to ensure working conditions are safe.
- You will assist maintenance and a young engineering staff in developing the skill set to troubleshoot equipment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Controls or Electrical Engineer
- Experience with various PLCs and HMIs
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or concentration in Controls Engineering preferred
- 7+ years of experience as Controls or Electrical Engineer in a Manufacturing setting
- Ability to design, read, and implement control schematics, panel layouts and control architecture drawings
- Knowledge of national and industry codes such as NEC, NFPA 79, ANSII
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico