Electrical Test Technician III - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking an Electrical Test Technician III on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
The Electrical Test Technician is responsible for performing testing, troubleshooting, and repair on Single Phase and Three phase medium voltage UPS systems to ensure products meet defined specifications. The incumbent needs to communicate effectively with cross functional departments to resolve and correct UPS testing issues, including but not limited to engineering, production, quality, operations, contractors. You will prepare and perform testing of Multi-module Systems with SBMs and Distributive Bypass Systems
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will read and interpret electronic schematics for UPS Systems
- You will be responsible for reporting any Non-conformance items by utilizing our Quality Management guidelines
- You will recommend modifications and improvements to enhance the products for quality, reliability, manufacturability and cost effectiveness
- You will instruct and communicate with Production Associates, Quality Engineering Technician, Manufacturing Engineers and Test Engineers to resolve daily production and warranty issues
- You will check and maintain equipment to ensure compliance with ISO 9000:2000 standards
- You will identify and implement corrective actions for the repair, replacement and calibration of laboratory tools and manufacturing equipment
- You will assist team in achieving plant and department goals
- You will adhere to all environmental, health, safety policies and procedures, and work instructions
- You will use the principles of 5S+ to ensure a clean and organized work area
- You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork
- You will provide cross training with peer technicians on the product, test equipment, procedural, and formal communication aspects of the job function
- You will support custom job assignments based on customer and business requirements
- You will run and lead multi-module factory witness tests
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Associates degree in Electronics or Electrical Technology from an accredited institution
A minimum of 3 years of experience in electrical/electronic troubleshooting
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 60 miles of Raleigh, NC to be considered.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Manufacturing systems knowledge (KANBAN, JIT, Production scheduling)
- Experience with DC battery currents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of switchboard and switchgear operations; electrical and electronic devices
- Basic understanding of Engineering and Multi-module specifications and layouts
- Basic computer knowledge of Windows based operating systems and programs.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to frequently stand and bend
- Ability to distinguish colored wiring
- Basic knowledge of Electronic Test Measurement Devices
- Ability to use good judgment and problem solving skills to make informed decisions
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Ability to understand and interpret Schematics for Multi-Module and System Level Testing
- Ability to perform multi-module testing of UPS units
- Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings, and/or engineering drawings
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No