Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
Eaton’s Commercial Distribution Products and Assemblies division is currently seeking an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager to join our team.
The environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the site. This individual is accountable for directing EHS activities at the site; establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements, and; act as the site EHS liaison with the Group and Corporate EHS teams.
The EHS manager is also responsible for maintaining site ISO/OHSA certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closures of MESH (Management of Environmental, Safety, Security and Health) and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during crises; site security, creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the effort to build a team from the ground up as operations in El Paso get started.
- Identify EHS risk areas and developing short and long-term strategies to address them.
- Manage and monitor air emissions, hazardous waste compliance, wastewater and storm water operations.
- Manage OSHA employee right-to-know and community right-to-know programs.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and tracking related EHS training programs.
- Responsible for reviewing EHS impacts of new equipment and production processes through the Management of Change process.
- Monitor changes and maintain current compliance updates with EHS regulations and Eaton MESH requirements. You will implement applicable changes for the site.
- Prepare routine EHS reports, plans and other documents that must be filed with regulatory agencies.
- Work in coordination with Human Resources in performing administrative duties related to workers compensation and return to work issues related to EHS.
- Provide support of implementation of Worker’s Compensation policies.
- You will support and direct plant activities as they pertain to Eaton MESH corporate program. (Management of Environmental, Safety, Security and Health)
- Assist establishing, maintaining or implementing teams in the areas of accident investigation, audit/ inspection, work station risk assessments, visual work instructions, emergency preparedness and response, First Responders (CPR/First aid), chemical management, environmental aspect analysis, safety and health risk analysis.
- Responsible for managing the site security Program
- Responsible for managing the site sustainability program
- Provide daily guidance, supervision of the EHS analyst and technician, including mentoring and coaching of these individuals as to support building a sustainable organization.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- 5+ years’ experience in environmental, health, and safety (or a combination of these functions).
- External candidates must be legally authorized to work within the United States without company sponsorship
- Internal candidates (current Eaton employees) must currently work in the United States or Mexico
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Science from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of TX specific safety and environmental regulatory requirements
- Program management experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Professional certification (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager).
- Previous experience in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of ISO standards, industry regulations / processes related to EHS (e.g. OSHA, ISO 14001, MESH, VPP, etc.)
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication, organizational and computer skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to resolve conflict, develop employees and facilitate corrective action while fostering an environment that supports Eaton values& philosophy.
- Change agent with strategic focus and executive command
- Ability to work in a highly unstructured and ambiguous environment
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time