Eaton in Waukesha, WI has an opening for a Director - Operations for the Power Delivery and Regulation Division.
This role is responsible for leadership and management of the manufacturing operations for the Power Delivery and Regulation Division within the Power Systems business. This includes four manufacturing locations (U.S. and Mexico) with approximately 1,100 employees and $500M+ USD annual sales.
The Operations Director will establish, develop and execute the manufacturing / operations strategic plan to support the organization’s short-term and long-term business and financial goals
The essential functions of the role include:
- Develop short and long term plans in alignment with the Power Systems strategic plan and annual profit plan objectives to drive superior operational performance and financial results.
- Proactively champion a culture focused on Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), driving a zero-incident culture.
- Empower employees and drive accountability for EHS to all levels in the organization.
- Create a culture of exceeding customer expectations, ensuring that the organization is highly responsive to customer needs and issues.
- Work with key stakeholders across Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Operations to ensure achievement of end-to-end quality goals.
- Working with the supply chain function: establish inventory plans by product family/site; proactively manage inventory to profit plan, driving improved and sustainable processes; execute the Supply Demand Planning (SIOP) process, driving ownership and collaboration across all stakeholder groups; generate forecasts that meet customer expectations and profit plan objectives.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key suppliers (internal and external) to ensure high quality relationships and products.
- Drive cost out, meeting or exceeding profit plan targets.
- Establish objectives and track key performance indicators across the organization. Ensure prompt, accurate reporting systems on all aspects of operations, leveraging EPM and Balanced Score Card.
- Partner and network with Division, Group and Sector functional organizations to ensure functional alignment of strategic objectives, annual goals and metrics, and resources.
- Continuously improve operations through alignment with the Eaton Business System with a strong focus on driving a Lean Culture utilizing Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
- Develop and execute strategic capital spending plans for Operations to assure adequate capacity to meet growth objectives.
- Drive change through improved organizational capability, providing leadership in recruiting, goal alignment, employee development, performance management and communication. Ensure motivation and retention of a high performance management team and workforce.
- Set appropriate staffing levels through the profit planning process. Proactively participate in staffing/headcount decisions for key positions in Operations and across Power Systems.
- Demonstrate a leadership style that perpetuates the Eaton Values and Philosophy and the Eaton Code of Ethics.
- Knowledge of current technologies in manufacturing (assembly and fabrication), engineering, materials management/inventory control, distribution and logistics, purchasing, quality assurance systems processes and practices.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Strong collaborative skills with the proven ability to drive change and leadership ownership/accountability.
- Demonstrated success in building high performance teams, leading cross-functionally, developing and retaining employees, and driving organizational change.
- Driving zero incident culture, with employee ownership of EHS.
- Leadership, performance results, organizational development and operational improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with progressive levels of accountability and responsibility in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, OPEX and/or related support functions.
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Eaton Business System and process tools such as profit planning, strategic planning, Organizational Capability Assessment, Eaton Value Cycle, Corporate Accounts, PROLaunch, Lean System/Six Sigma, Supply Chain Management, Fixed Capital Optimization, Eaton Quality System, and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) processes (MESH, ISO 14001, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- 7 years prior experience with profit and loss ownership.
- Experience in engineered-to-order business strongly preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time