Analyst IT- SAP QA
Job Title: Analyst IT- SAP QA #064373
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Analyst IT- SAP QA in Eaton’s EITC business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
Your essential responsibilities:
Define and execute test strategies, plans, estimations for small to medium size projects (primarily but not limited to Runners and Minor Repeaters).
Contribute in executing the test strategy, plan of large size projects (primarily but not limited to Major Repeaters, Aliens/Strangers).
Effectively hold, review and analyze SAP functional requirements, Report design document, Functional design, test strategy, Test scripts.
Create effective testing artifacts (test scenarios, test cases, test scripts etc.) based on defined requirements
Create and Maintain the Automated Test Scripts.
Contribute in impact analysis for regression testing.
Develop reusable and modular automated test scripts with Standard Eaton Tools.
Create and maintain traceability between requirements and testing artifacts and validate test coverage.
Review testing artifacts created by peers/team members
Identify, log defects and participate in defect triaging
Identify and raise the potential risk and issues in time
Create and distribute QA status reports, test closure reports
Capture data for standard QA metrics
Make effective use of Eaton standard processes and tools for testing activities
Build and share domain/technical knowledge across the team/group
Participate in Continuous improvement initiatives related to processes or policies impacting QA for the applications/projects/enterprise.
If you are:
- Strong testing experience on SAP ERP Application.
- Experience on two or more modules like Material Management-Purchasing, Sales and Distribution, Production Planning.
- Exposure to two or more of the SAP systems Like ECC, EHS.
- Deep knowledge of the integration integrations between SAP and other Third-party applications.
- Provided excellent quality solutions and documentation including results. Maintained zero impact through regression testing in the global environment.
- Demonstrated global mindset during the testing process to ensure that the development changes do not impact the desired regions or divisions.
- Create and maintain traceability between requirements and testing artifacts and validate test coverage
- Review testing artifacts created by peers/team members.
- Create and maintain test data. Create test cases and test scripts and execute regression tests, functional tests, and smoke tests.
- Independently conduct testing activities for 2 or more projects in the SAP Apps vertical
- Able to plan effectively, Multitask and good test management skills.
- Able to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of various software development and testing methodologies
- Strong understanding and experience in quality assurance testing process.
- Experience with defect tracking and quality assurance software specifically, the HP Tools(ALM, Quality Center)
- Test automation (Worksoft Certify) experience is highly preferred.
- Strong communication (Verbal & Written) and organizational skills
- 4 Years Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or Masters in Computer Application or related field.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time