Product Manager, Lighting Controls
Eaton’s Lighting Division has an opening for an Product Manager, Lighting Controls. The position will be based in our Peachtree City, GA facility.
Building Team is looking for a product manager to assist in the development of
connected lighting systems and room-based control products within the Marketing
team. This position is responsible for
developing and managing category and customer segment growth strategies with
corresponding product line strategies and product line portfolio management and
functions for all strategic and daily activities associated with lighting
control needs for connected buildings.
The selected candidate will perform the following duties:
- Defines the long-term connectivity roadmap, based on input from customer & channel influencers and market indicators and trends and strategic initiatives
Defines the immediate next year new product introduction plan (MGPP handshake) including the detailed market and product specifications and business case justification
Continuously analyzes, reviews, and recommends technology trends and standards
Works with NPD engineering, software team, and Marketing to set the targeted launch plans and releases supported by capital and resource budgets
Develop an organic, partnership, and MA strategy to deliver the right solution at the right cost and within budget
- Defines the detailed product and marketing specifications and alignment with all stakeholders (Operations, R&D, Sales, Quality, Marketing) and implements Pro Launch timeline and manages progress with support of Program Management and Engineering
New Product Introduction
- Responsible for enabling the sale of control solutions in direct correlation with Eaton’s lighting solution platform.
Coordinate with marketing and communications the development of necessary collateral, promotions, samples, etc. as defined by launch priority and requirements
Support sales, marketing, customer service with required launch and training plans including a prescriptive GTM (go to market) strategy based on target vertical/market segment
- Handshake with User Experience platform product manager for SaaS (software as a service) and associated offerings.
Product Life Cycle Management
- Continuously manage portfolio health including but not limited to competitive performance, technology upgrades, and end-of-life product delistment
Select and set priorities for process, price and margin improvement projects using our VAVE and TWE process teams and initiatives
Assist the Supply Chain and Demand Plan teams in monthly forecast and planning sessions to help drive operational capacity and on-time service commitments
- Provide continuous product support to internal and external customers as needed, not limited to product training to agents, distributors, customers, etc., includes participation in industry tradeshows, conferences and seminars
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required
Minimum two years Product or Marketing Management Experience
Experience with building systems or control systems
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Peachtree City will be considered for this position.
- Five years of experience in the lighting industry, controls experience preferred
Strong competency in LED, and controls technology
Experience in new product development and technical program management
New product commercialization experience
Participation in Strategic Product Planning and Product Road mapping
Marketing and collateral development, including specification and technical writing
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical systems and products
Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No