Training Coordinator - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Power Distribution Controls Assembly Division is currently seeking a Training Coordinator on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
The Training Coordinator is responsible for scheduling and tracking all training for plant employees. This role is also responsible for teaching the use of necessary software to all plant employees. The coordinator will evaluate the effectiveness of new employees and will make recommendations as to their placement. Emphasis will be placed on instilling a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement and fostering that culture beyond the classroom onto the plant floor.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will collaborate with the training team to develop and deliver approved training courses.
- You will evaluate the effectiveness of new employees and make recommendations as to each trainee’s placement.
- You will collaborate with supervisors to ensure a smooth, efficient transition of trainees onto the plant floor.
- You will systematically support trainees to ensure their effectiveness.
- You will promote a culture of teamwork.
- You will foster the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) among trainees and through continuing education.
- You will work with the training team will collate and analyze data from the annual training needs assessment for plant personnel.
- You will work with the training team to develop and deliver continuing education based upon the assessment results.
- You will support efforts to maintain positive employee relations and plant atmosphere through knowledge of plant policies and procedures.
- You will support community involvement and employee activities.
- You will work in a safe manner and perform other duties as assigned within the training function.
- You will research and recommend best practices.
- You will supervise the New Employee Orientation and Boot Camp twice a month.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Arden, NC to be considered.
Associates Degree in related field
Previous experience teaching the use of software in both individual and group settings
Previous experience with data tracking
Employee must have strong people skills, good organization and planning skills, and ability to manage more than one task at a time.
Familiarity with and commitment to industrial safety
Strong computer skills a must: Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access), AS400, DMM, MQ1, eSafety, Sharepoint, Enovia
Maintain a sensitivity to customer satisfaction.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No