Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a Buyer / Planner to join our team.
This position is based at our Sherman, Texas facility.
This position will be responsible for the timely procurement of production materials to support production operations, as well as supporting production planning/scheduling and resolving any inventory management related issues. This position reports to the supply chain manager and is supporting the Eaton B-Line manufacturing plant.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will place purchase orders, issue change notices, and follow-up and expedite delivery of materials or services as necessary to ensure adherence to production schedules.
- You will re-schedule shipments to ensure JIT delivery of material to the plant.
- You will validate and reconcile supplier invoices to submit for payment
- You will establish product line priorities as they apply to current product, standards and processes
- You will contact and interact with vendors to communicate delivery expectations, forecasts, design changes, etc.
- You will review MRP demand and convert purchase requisitions into purchase orders.
- You will confirm delivery dates and price for all open purchase orders.
- You will monitor shortage reports and coordinate expedites of missing materials.
- You will maintain pricing in SAP by creating purchasing information records and source lists.
- You will negotiate stocking agreements with suppliers, issue blanket POs (Scheduling Agreements and releases for JIT.
- You will assist with inventory reduction initiatives such as vendor stocking programs, negotiating lower MOQ’s, adjusting reorder-point and/or kanban quantities, shortening vendor lead time
- You will plan and release work orders as required to meet internal and external customer demand.
- You will work closely with the Customer Service team to adjust production schedule to meet customer demand changes.
- You will be the primary driver of cost-out of purchased materials.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing purchasing or planning functions in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with purchasing or planning using SAP
- Must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit is provided
- APICS Certification
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies
- Comfortable with technology and has a strong working knowledge of MS office suite, materials planning MRP/ERP system(s)
- Must be able to observe, evaluate, summarize and communicate effectively.
- Must have an analytical and process-driven approach, with a high attention to detail.
- Capability in multi-tasking, including prioritization of work and management / organization of time.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and throughout all levels of the organization
- Superb influencing / negotiation skills and ability to influence for results without hierarchical authority
- Strong managerial courage and ability to work through resistance and pushback to change.
- Requires excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Strong drive for results is essential, with self-directed leadership, requiring minimal supervision & being proactive.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Must possess strong professional presence.
- Must be able to identify and implement process improvements.
- Must possess high ethical standards and ability to abide by Eaton’s values and philosophies.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No